This is absurd.

Think Ravens 2000 and you'll stop wetting your pants every down.

Awesome Defense, better special teams than the Ravens, just as good a RB and QB and WRs. 

Grind it out formula.  It can work.  Have patience and take the gun out of your mouth.  Then again, pull the trigger and put us out of our misery.

420307[/snapback]

Exactly...how soon people forget that during their SB run, the 2000 ravens went 5!, yes thats 5 straight games without scoring a TD...thats 20 quarters, 5 games, an entire month without scoring a TD...but ya know what, they had a good defense, and won 3 of the games...too many people here would rather go 1-4 with a pinball offense than 3-2 without scoring a TD...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you figure out how to add value in the process of women's shoe shopping--would you please let me know.  It always seems very much a no win when I participate at any level --i.e. with a 6 year old, or an 11 year old  or a 42 year old....

420419[/snapback]

Right. :(

I went shoe shopping with a woman once. Sometime along the fifth HOUR of shopping, I was watching her literally try on three shoes at once, and although it was pretty amusing to watch her try to figure out how to put three shoes on two feet, I swore at that moment I would NEVER do that again. It was a shopping trip that changed my world...

In fact, it was a stated contingency of my marriage that I would never be required to go shoe shopping with my wife. I ain't stupid. :lol:

Right.  :(

I went shoe shopping with a woman once.  Sometime along the fifth HOUR of shopping, I was watching her literally try on three shoes at once, and although it was pretty amusing to watch her try to figure out how to put three shoes on two feet, I swore at that moment I would NEVER do that again.  It was a shopping trip that changed my world... 

In fact, it was a stated contingency of my marriage that I would never be required to go shoe shopping with my wife.  I ain't stupid.  :lol:

420437[/snapback]

Fifth hour?

It was a full six-hour shopping trip.

And this was years ago, before I met the wifey.  And please don't tell her I called her "the wifey".

420457[/snapback]

Six hours--five of it for shoes.....I certainly hope there was some sort of incentive compensation......God Bless You....

It was a full six-hour shopping trip.

420457[/snapback]

It's amazing to me that some people don't have enough motivation to get off their ass to better their life, but they'll gladly sit through six hours of feminine-related shopping just to get a blowjob. :( (You know better than to think I was specifically talking about you.)

There was no question I was to marry my current wife when it became clear to me she understood all the things a woman can do to which her man should not be subjected.

It comes down to this, JSP. Most people are pussies. They have no respect for the fight. At the first sign of anything that doesn't make them happy they immediately start jumping off buildings yelling that life sucks, the team sucks, the world sucks and they'd rather die now than stand up to the fight.

"Ooooh, I don't want to be hurt because I've been hurt before, so I'll just decide my fate now rather than put up a fight."

People are pussies, and preseason is nothing but their personal scratch-n-sniff patch. All they need is something to just brush up against them and you can smell the pussification for miles.

420288[/snapback]

:(:lol:

I agree with every word you said, but I'm going to have to use that scratch and sniff analogy in the future and claim it as my own.

It's amazing to me that some people don't have enough motivation to get off their ass to better their life, but they'll gladly sit through six hours of feminine-related shopping just to get a blowjob. :(  (You know better than to think I was specifically talking about you.)

There was no question I was to marry my current wife when it became clear to me she understood all the things a woman can do to which her man should not be subjected.

420467[/snapback]

Six hours???--a header is not nearly enough--you're talking indentured servitude kind of stuff and a season worth of no complaints about 11 hours of football on Sundays....

You know me, I'm a pessimist.

BUT COME ON PEOPLE. This was ONE preseason game. One. And even thought he Bills lost, their D looked spectacular by all accounts. In the NFL all you need is a good D and you'll be in more games than not. And this D is better than good. It's AWESOME. So come on, lace 'em up. This team does no worse than 9-7 this year.

420267[/snapback]

Joe, I don't think anyone here is harping on the defense. Everybody is worried about the O-line and JP's inexperience.

JP will be fine and is not called on to win games. It'll take awhile before he becomes comfortable. So far he hasn't seen the blitz.

What is troublesome is how our line can't run block 1 on 1 for Willis. Looks like another long year. The receivers are dropping balls all over again. And for whatever reason, our superstars keep fumbling in the red zone. This just in, Henry is no longer on the roster!

It comes down to this, JSP. Most people are pussies. They have no respect for the fight. At the first sign of anything that doesn't make them happy they immediately start jumping off buildings yelling that life sucks, the team sucks, the world sucks and they'd rather die now than stand up to the fight.

"Ooooh, I don't want to be hurt because I've been hurt before, so I'll just decide my fate now rather than put up a fight."

People are pussies, and preseason is nothing but their personal scratch-n-sniff patch. All they need is something to just brush up against them and you can smell the pussification for miles.

420288[/snapback]

Get over yourself, dude. Seriously. This is an internet message board about sports and probably has little correlation with how people run their lives away from their computer.

I don't want to defend all the doomers and gloomers because some of them are making some ridiculous statements (how can anyone NOT be excited about this season on our D and ST alone?! Examples: Ravens and Bucs this century?!), but the offense is an area of concern that's worth discussing. Game 3 was not pretty, and it only reinforced some concerns dating back to the offseason.

This game may actually be the best thing that could have possibly happened to this offense. Better to first see signs of cracking now than in the actual season. We still have time to tinker with players and plays before the games matter.

But I'd rather talk about what's broke and how to fix it here instead of constantly raving about how awesome we're going to be. It makes for more interesting football discussion.

You must have been one of the people who inserted this when we were 0-1, while losing to a non-playoff team at home last year.

Or, when we went 0-2, losing to a pathetic team on the road last year.

Or, when we dropped to 0-3 after taking an ass-beating at home by the first good team we played.

Or, 0-4 when we choked away a late game lead for the 2nd time in 4 weeks on the road.

Oh, by the way, we finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs by one game.  But don't worry.  I'll start the "fight" now, while hoping we can defeat the real "pussies" (Texans) instead of waiting until we are  in week 5 this season.

420328[/snapback]

Damn you and that logic! :(

I'm not worried about the score at all but rather the way the 1st stringers played. Some people on this board think it will cure itself by the time September comes around; yet they fail to realize that this same b.s. is what caused last year's 0-4 start. :lol:

Middle ground here folks....

*snip*

We did get beat alot on the line last night--even when they had 8 in the box and we had 8 blocking on third and shorts.  We should not get beat with our line and with Shelton.  We need to find some answers for this because we have to be able to run even against good front 7's in order to allow JP the time he needs to learn.  This is not just preseason--its worrisome--we got our ass kicked on the majority of 3rd and shorts (not that we had that many).

420415[/snapback]

Ummm......that's been happening for quite a while now and very few of us have noticed it. And if we do point it out, we get sh-- on. You don't have to be a Pro Bowler to hold your block for a few scant seconds so that your RB can find a lane to run thru. Changing QB's was not going to change this part of the offense.

MM was very upset with this in his post game remarks. How he plans to fix it w/o a roster turnover is beyond me. He knows all defenses will key on the running game and dare the rookie QB to beat them. JP doesn't have to beat anybody. It's up to the other 10 guys on O to pick him up and carry him.

But I'd rather talk about what's broke and how to fix it here instead of constantly raving about how awesome we're going to be. It makes for more interesting football discussion.

420481[/snapback]

I'm with you 100% but if you read the threads during the game, then believe me when I tell you, people are pussies. Here's three and I didn't even have to look that hard.

Here we go. Here's the typical "it's just the pre-season crowd". The same crowd that last year said, we're only 0-1, it's not the end of the world. It's only 2 games. 0-2 is nothing. Then 0-3 came, but we still have hope. 0-4, now it's time to get pissed.

Every game matters. Especially when they have a young QB. If they weren't trying to win like some of you morons think, JP wouldn't be so pissed off afterwards that they go nothing done.

I guess you weren't here last preseason and during that 0-4 start to the 2004 seaason. It's that same old b.s.

Is the bears defense this good?, Or are we terrible? We bashed Bledsoe the other night but even they looked good compared to this mess of an offense.

MM was very upset with this in his post game remarks.   How he plans to fix it w/o a roster turnover is beyond me.   He knows all defenses will key on the running game and dare the rookie QB to beat them.   JP doesn't have to beat anybody.   It's up to the other 10 guys on O to pick him up and carry him.

420489[/snapback]

Not every team is the Bears though J...and we looked good rushing the first two pre-season games.

We ran well agains the Colts 27 carries 123 yards--7 rushing first downs; and the Pack 158 yards - 37 carries, 11 rushing first downs and in the scrimmage versus the Pack..so I was a little surprised by futility against a good D.

We learned last year if you can't step up against good defenses (Pats, Steelers) you go nowhere...I think the answers are on the team..and MM has two weeks to find them...

Gee, how'd you know I was referring to you?

So after going 0-4 last year, I still had optimism. And we were a rat's asshair away from the playoffs IN SPITE of going 0-4, and we had a great run of wins and that was a whole !@#$load better than a whole bunch of losses...and yet you, I am certain, are the person who picks up the paper, sees there is a chance of flooding, and starts screaming through the forest like your hair is on fire and you ass is catching without realizing you're running past trees that can be turned into a boat.

At least it's easier to find out who's the first to jump ship.

420416[/snapback]

This is about the stupidest post also. We finished they way we did because of the schedule and no other reason. If you can't figure that one out, you're an idiot. Do you think we should have beaten the Cleveland, Arizona's, Cincy's, and those teams of the world with our roster? Gee, yeah........so get excited that our schedule masked a problem for us. Some of us tend to think a little more critically.

Again, you can't come up with any reasoning for my post except an attempt at your normal comic relief.

The schedule doesn't have a bunch of patsies at the end this year, and an 0-4 start, if it would happen (hopefully not), would wreck our season. MOST OF US DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. So, we see problems NOW and would like to see progress. I haven't really seen anything yet this pre-season from the offense that says we'll be ok.

And if you morons think this defense is the same as Baltimore's when they won the Super Bowl, well, you're sadly mistaken. However, it is a very good defense, and can support winning ugly........against bad teams.

We were a product of our schedule last season. But don't worry, everything looks great. We have a D and ST ready to win now, but the offense is no cause for concern I guess.

Ever coach football? I can't imagine you did, because you are exactly the kind of idiot I'd like to spank on the field. We've had two scrimmages in high school football this season and we've tried to win BOTH. Did it matter if we lost? No. But we did try to get better. Oh, we are 17-3 over the last two years, and I'll post the article when we win the state championship this year. Well hopefully.

Get over yourself man! Seriously. At least I'm on the field, and some of the stuff here spewed about vanilla coverages and all of that is so stupid it's not funny.

I guess our VANILLA offense, isn't good enough to whip their VANILLA defense they played against.

It is cause for concern. If you don't have concern about the O-Line especially, well keep telling yourself that......but make it comical and macho-like on the internet, because most of you igmo's make yourself feel better by acting like you know the world's answers with tough internet speak.

See ya on the field sometime......or wait, you've probably never touched a field or have seen a film session before. Sorry, tough guy, we all have different opinions, you can settle for another out of the playoffs season, but some of us would like more.

It's amazing to me that some people don't have enough motivation to get off their ass to better their life, but they'll gladly sit through six hours of feminine-related shopping just to get a blowjob. :( (You know better than to think I was specifically talking about you.) :lol: : :lol:;):D:D:D:D:D

yes,a blow job is well worth it .

Uh, wow.

When JSP is the voice of reason  ;) this board has REALLY gone off the deep end.  (Some of you can make deserters look like General Patton).

Buck up people!  Jeeze Louise what a bunch of wusses.  I thought Buffalo had the best, most knowledgable fans. 

Like listening to a bunch of 10 year olds cry because their team had a bad batting practice.

Bills would have beaten this team in the regular season and that ALL THE COUNTS.  WINNING: its all that matters.  I don't care if the Bills win 2-0 and 6-3 as long as they win. 

Think Ravens 2000 and you'll stop wetting your pants every down.

Awesome Defense, better special teams than the Ravens, just as good a RB and QB and WRs. 

Grind it out formula.  It can work.  Have patience and take the gun out of your mouth.  Then again, pull the trigger and put us out of our misery.

420307[/snapback]

Thanks...I think...

:D

420288[/snapback]

LA...

I dont know that I would take it to that extreme....but I gotta say I am a little disturbed by just how quickly people are ready to look for that ever elusive scapecoat.....I mean...COME ON

a. When the stars went off the field.....WE WERE WINNING

b. You have a rookie QB with awesome potential....IT ISN"T GOING TO LOOK LIKE A FINISHED PRODUCT........

c. Hey....we could have had Bledsoe back there.......

Fundamentally, what the problem is for most Bills fans (IMHO) is this:

Tom Donnaho has steadily turned the Bills into a model contender for the AFC North.

Trouble is we play in the AFC East. :D

We're not used to bump and grind foosball.

Don't like it, aren't warm to it, ain't comfy watching nail-biting finishes (thanks Norwood).

We much prefer to have the ball aired out ala the old AFL days.

As the the 3rd and shorts at midfield, I'm looking to see enough success that the opposing DC has to respect the run, but we actually do a play-action fake their asses off with a deep pass that goes for a long gain and score. Mularkey has that kind of trickeration in his makeup. So the rub still to get the reputation of success on 3rd and shorts. Who might be the answer that Rob Riddick and Kenneth Davis were in their day? It's not Joe Burns! I'll tell you that. To me THAT's the biggest question. Once that's been answered, then we'll maybe see things loosen up enough to enjoy Jason Peters reprising the Butch Rolle role - if you know what I mean.

This is about the stupidest post also.  We finished they way we did because of the schedule and no other reason.  If you can't figure that one out, you're an idiot.  Do you think we should have beaten the Cleveland, Arizona's, Cincy's, and those teams of the world with our roster?
So if we made it to the playoffs last year by beating Pittsburgh, you would sit there and say "It only happened because our schedule was weak?" Good teams beat bad teams and to handicap your team because it had a weak schedule is purely pathetic. Please, spare me your Icier-than-thou attempt at justifying the fact that you consider people idiots because they don't think like you.
The schedule doesn't have a bunch of patsies at the end this year, and an 0-4 start, if it would happen (hopefully not), would wreck our season.  MOST OF US DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.  So, we see problems NOW and would like to see progress.  I haven't really seen anything yet this pre-season from the offense that says we'll be o.k.
How the hell do YOU know what our schedule is like this year? You've seen all the teams play in the regular season? You've seen the injuries that haven't taken place yet which will weaken otherwise unbeatable teams that haven't been identified yet? You're so amazing at seeing the future that you know exactly what we need to do for each game? Please, you don't know ANYTHING about what is going to happen and to stand in judgement of a future without taking time to enjoy the present speaks volumes. Which means you should stop trying to talk louder than your actions.

Ever coach football?  I can't imagine you did, because you are exactly the kind of idiot I'd like to spank on the field.  We've had two scrimmages in high school football this season and we've tried to win BOTH.  Did it matter if we lost?  No.  But we did try to get better.  Oh, we are 17-3 over the last two years, and I'll post the article when we win the state championship this year. 
Oh my goodness, you coached high school football?!?! Well, obviously you KNOW EXACTLY what to do better than the rest of of us morons who never coached a bunch of acne-ridden kids who care more about when they'll be able to jerk off next rather than who the jerkoff is who is coaching them.

Get over yourself man!  Seriously.  At least I'm on the field, and some of the stuff here spewed about vanilla coverages and all of that is so stupid it's not funny.
At least you're on the field? Do you have any clue how stupid that sounds? You're a !@#$ING HIGH SCHOOL COACH! BIG !@#$ING DEAL! Do you deal with salary caps? Agents? General managers? Owners? No...you deal with kids, dude. A bunch of teenage kids. This is the biggest bunch of bullschitt you can ever hear on a sports message board, so when you stand in judgement of people for buffing up their internet personality, do yourself a favor and look in the mirror because you couldn't fill a !@#$ing thimble with your knowledge of professional football,and to chastise me because you coach a bunch of punt, pass, and kick wannabes is just as moronic as a person can get.

Get over yourself, indeed.