"Life is an open Road to me..."

First of all, if i wake up in the middle of the night to that f---ing song one more time ("Liiiiife is an open road to meeeee"), I'm gonna fly to Bristol and kick some intern's ass. Second, why the HELL are they doing this STUPID series NOW?

I mean hell, we are at the beginning of the NFL season, and the pennent races for MLB. Don't you think they could have filled 50 days during the NFL offseason, when no hockey was being played, and baseball was in it's first of 10 months?

This is the most retarded series Sportscenter has ever run, and it's pathetic when they try to find things to say about sports from states like North Dakota or Montana (in which case they typically just list off who was born there they you made have heard of).

This song is one of those that I'll find popping into my head in the middle of the day for no reason whatsoever, and the problem is, I only know the first frigging line to it because that's ALL they ever play on ESPN...

MAKE IT STOP!!

Thank you... rant over...

First of all, if i wake up in the middle of the night to that f---ing song one more time ("Liiiiife is an open road to meeeee"), I'm gonna fly to Bristol and kick some intern's ass. Second, why the HELL are they doing this STUPID series NOW?

I mean hell, we are at the beginning of the NFL season, and the pennent races for MLB. Don't you think they could have filled 50 days during the NFL offseason, when no hockey was being played, and baseball was in it's first of 10 months? 

This is the most retarded series Sportscenter has ever run, and it's pathetic when they try to find things to say about sports from states like North Dakota or Montana (in which  case they typically just list off who was born there they you made have heard of).

This song is one of those that I'll find popping into my head in the middle of the day for no reason whatsoever, and the problem is, I only know the first frigging line to it because that's ALL they ever play on ESPN...

MAKE IT STOP!!

420184[/snapback]

LOL funnny as hell man, I agree! That song is like nails on a chalk board!!

This is the most retarded series Sportscenter has ever run, and it's pathetic when they try to find things to say about sports from states like North Dakota or Montana (in which  case they typically just list off who was born there they you made have heard of).

MAKE IT STOP!!

420184[/snapback]

BRAVO STEVE!!!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!

420184[/snapback]

No - keep the rant going!!! I got stuck watching one of those stupid features and it felt like it would never end (think bad local news sports feature done by the society reporter....but it goes on well beyond the 60 second report :( ) During that episode of Sports Center I saw a commercial for ESPN Hollywood and infinite commercials for Steven Smith's nightmare of a show (this week Steve talks with Ron Artest and Barry Bonds - just kill me now).

Combine this with Stuart Scott and the rest of the moron sports center anchors plus the dropping of NHL Hockey and I am done with that sorry ass station except for NFL Primetime and the Sunday Night games.

I thought I was the only one who wants to go into a violent rage when he hears that song and is subjected to the Charles Kuralt-ish story about sports in Idaho. I ONLY watch ESPN for news and highlights, not s*it like this.

Well I think ESPN is going through some structural changes due to the recent competition and it's only going to get worse. The NFL Network has took some of its market share away, and the number of specialty channels (e.g.. OLN, Golf Channel, Speed Channel, etc.), ESPN is becoming more like the ABC of sports (trying to be as general as possible).

I've watched some of the states they have done and I have to say that some of it is stupid. I did catch the NY show and the only thing they had on Buffalo was the Bills losing SBs. Sort of stupid to me. The Colorado one was lame as well with them showing most of the highlights of the olympic facility.

I think with ESPN it's only going to get worse. Though the multi-dimensional scaling they used to nix hockey didn't show the returns, OLN is going to dip into their share more. I think that is going to force them to come up with even more dumb ideas to keep sports enthusiasts involved.

I think the braintrust at ESPN (Quite Frankly feel free to chuckle) thought this would be a good time b/c August is known to be a slow sports month.

I think it sucks and I happened to catch yesterdays on Conneticut. If they could have just came out and said it's the best thing since the wild card in MLB they would have.

I thought I was the only one who wants to go into a violent rage when he hears that song and is subjected to the Charles Kuralt-ish story about sports in Idaho.  I ONLY watch ESPN for news and highlights, not s*it like this.

420378[/snapback]

Bravo! Just another in a long line of reasons we need to hang with Stojan's posse! :(

I hate it also. ESPN sucks.

I feel like Lee Iacocca trying to understand Snoop Dogg in the new Dodge/Chrysler commercials when I watch Sportscazenter.

420302[/snapback]

What a stupid friggin commercial THAT is. A perfect match for Sportscenter.

MAKE IT STOP!!

420184[/snapback]

Dude! LOL!

Stop watching ESPN and the problem goes away. :(