Spikes year to shine in the spotlight?

I just have a feeling that he raises the bar to Ray Lewis status this year. A Baltimore- Bills showdown for the #1 defense would be outstanding. I would like to see how McGahee would do. Who knows maybe a play-off, wild-card, this would be real in the trenches football.

Media coverage will be key and since Spikes has had two Pro Bowls in a row, excellence from him will be an old story. Unfortunately, he would need to do something reallY extraordinary and unusual to get coverage like intercepting the ball 6 games in a row or being involved in a murder trial like Lewis (it was not simply making the SB since that happens but bearing the murder rap which put him over the top).

I actually think the more likely big story if he can lead the team in tackles as the season goes on will be London Fletcher being an unsung her. From a sports perspecive Spikes is the story if he plays as well as he has in the past. However, from a business perspective Fletcher is the story. Unsung hero exists in Spikes shadow but always leads the team in tackles (and even broke Spielman's record) but is paid chump change compared to players he has out tackled and who go toe the Pro Bowl while he stays home.