Do you run into many Flutie Lovers?

MrLocke

Here in Canada people think of Flutie like a Canadian, even though he was born in Natick Mass. I run into Flutie fans all of the time it irritates me because they think of him like God. They always say he scrambles so well and puts up wins. I can also understand his appeal with little guy, as he is only 5-10.

I don't dispute that he wins and can scramble I just always counter with that he cannot do it for extended periods of time. Flutie can play well for a few games, however I think if Defensive coordiantors have time to game plan for him he is completely ineffective because coordinators can make him a pocket passer and Flutie is not effective as a pocket passer.

I can understand if you thought that Flutie should have started over RJ, but I think it is hard to argue that Flutie is a quality NFL caliber starter.

Anyway do you run into many Flutie fans? and if so does it get under your nerves when people repeatidly praise him?

The Flutie Days are done for Buffaloanians and like the Flutie Flakes they are gone. I do sleep with a Flutie lover every night though as he remains my principle competition for my wife's affections judging by the several Flutie posters she collected.

One of her favorite childhood memories was going to the Rockpile with her Dad when she was a kid and there was some little scatback who returned kicks for the Bills they called Mighty Max or something like that. I think she loves any Bill under 5' 9"".

The Flutie Days are done for Buffaloanians and like the Flutie Flakes they are gone.  I do sleep with a Flutie lover every night though as he remains my principle competition for my wife's affections judging by the several Flutie posters she collected.

One of her favorite childhood memories was going to the Rockpile with her Dad when she was a kid and there was some little scatback who returned kicks for the Bills they called Mighty Max or something like that.  I think she loves any Bill under 5' 9".

418464[/snapback]

hey, Bill in NYC -- how tall are you?

i don't understand the hatred, much as i don't understand the worship. one thing is for certain -- most fans are driven to one extreme or the other.

it's interesting that you brought up the subject of flutie, b/c our current #7 does bear some resemblance -- not in stature, obviously, but in style of play.

i'd go so far as to say that losman might someday soon be described as "another flutie -- plus 6" and an arm."

quite frankly, "I COULD LIVE WITH THAT."

Here in Canada people think of Flutie like a Canadian, even though he was born in Natick Mass. I run into Flutie fans all of the time it irritates me because they think of him like God. They always say he scrambles so well and puts up wins. I can also understand his appeal with little guy, as he is only 5-10.

418456[/snapback]

Why not? He was "lights out" in the CFL. See also Warren Moon.

CFL football is very good football...

I dont follow the cfl but living in wny you get some games on here and there. It seems to me Toronto is always playing Edmonton. How many teams are there in that league and when does it start? I know it ends around Thanksgiving and thats pretty cool to watch the championship in the snow and wind.

Whats worse is his fans thought he could do no wrong- it was always someone elses fault when something went wrong or they didnt win.

418459[/snapback]

That wasn't his fans who said that... it was Flutie himself.

I should have clairified most people grant him god like status in my part of Canada because of his NFL play and not his CFL play. It seemed like Flutie= Grey Cup when he was in the CFL. I make no insults about his CFL play.

As for the CFL 18 game schedule, starts mid-late Jume ends mid November. I love the CFL minus a couple of rules. The one that gets under my skin is how defensive lineman must play a yard of the ball.

As for the Warren Moon comparissons Warren Moon had a far better NFL career.

Compare the numbers. Warren Moon Doug Flutie. 9 Bro Bowls to 1.

I don't dispute that he wins and can scramble I just always counter with that he cannot do it for extended periods of time. Flutie can play well for a few games, however I think if Defensive coordiantors have time to game plan for him he is completely ineffective because coordinators can make him a pocket passer and Flutie is not effective as a pocket passer.

I can understand if you thought that Flutie should have started over RJ, but I think it is hard to argue that Flutie is a quality NFL caliber starter.

Anyway do you run into many Flutie fans? and if so does it get under your nerves when people repeatidly praise him?

418456[/snapback]

FLMAO, yea sometimes. Once, this Faiders fan was ridiculing me becuz the Bills cut him and even laffed about it. I then reminded him that the midget went on to take Sandy Eggo on a 9 game losing streak. I asked him if he would've loved him to have him on his team. He shut up pretty quick and wouldn't look me in the eye the rest of the day. What a dumbass. I love to bring up that convo with him whenever I see him. :lol: