Roscoe Parrish Injury Update

Here is the blip on Parrish in case it doesnt show up:

News

Roscoe Parrish, who had surgery to repair an injured right wrist on August 12, is expected to miss the first month of the regular season, according to the Associated Press. Parrish is out of the sling he's been wearing for 10 days, but is still wearing a cast on his right arm.

Views

The rookie from Miami was very impressive early in camp, and had the inside track on the No. 3 receiver gig in Buffalo. In his absence, veteran Josh Reed will likely keep his slot receiver job by default, but once Parrish returns it shouldn't take long for him to see significant playing time.

The article didn't come up, but a month is good. I just hate seeing him not get the practice and pre-season time, being a rookie.

418359[/snapback]

He can at least practice by running the routes and exercise - you just can't throw the ball to him.

I can live with it.

So if he had his surgery on the 12th he could be ready for the opener, right?

418460[/snapback]

The article says he is expected to miss the 1st month of the regular season. The good news is that his wheels are fine and as soon as he can catch the ball half credibly and there is little fear he will make it worse just be catching it he can come in and help out Moulds and Evans by forcing opposing DCs to put their fastest DB on Parrish in 3 WR sets.

I think he will likely be elminated from PR duty for quite awhile as a broken wrist is at risk catching punts. Clements will probably be get the lead duty once again and it likely will come down to a choice between Haddad and Smith as a back-up. Haddad runs more disciplined routes so I supect he may make the team over Smith though my guess is we carry 6 WRs at least until Parrish is active.

So if he had his surgery on the 12th he could be ready for the opener, right?

418460[/snapback]

Not likely. The "first month of the regular season" matches what I've heard; don't expect #11 on the field until October.

Then again, that's coming from the media, not directly from One Bills Drive, so who knows? Think back to last year and the "maybe this week" Troy Vincent Watch.....

The article says he is expected to miss the 1st month of the regular season.  The good news is that his wheels are fine and as soon as he can catch the ball half credibly and there is little fear he will make it worse just be catching it he can come in and help out Moulds and Evans by forcing opposing DCs to put their fastest DB on Parrish in 3 WR sets.

I think he will likely be elminated from PR duty for quite awhile as a broken wrist is at risk catching punts. Clements will probably be get the lead duty once again and it likely will come down to a choice between Haddad and Smith as a back-up.  Haddad runs more disciplined routes so I supect he may make the team over Smith though my guess is we carry 6 WRs at least until Parrish is active.

418470[/snapback]

Thanks I wa to lazy to read the article. :lol: