Quote from Vincent in BN

nemhoff

I love the quote from Vincent this morning about MM, "We do it his way, or there's I-90." It seems like MM had enough common sense to do what Greggo never did, earn the right to be heard from his players.

Instead of coming in and blowing horns and pissing guys off, it seems like MM has shown them that he is the real deal and then backed it up with hard-a$$ coaching and a strong vision (showing that he has some principles that he won't bend on). I like that a lot and hope that it continues to build a strong foundation in the team's mentality to win, be excellent, and stay the course.

It may not produce many wins, but at least the man has strong leadership skills that Buffalo has severely lacked in the Greggo Regime.

Thoughts?

It may not produce many wins, but at least the man has strong leadership skills that Buffalo has severely lacked in the Greggo Regime.

Thoughts?

418213[/snapback]

While it's way too early to make a definitive call, I think MM might be the most effective "old school" leader the Bills have had since Chuck Knox.

Marv's approach was great for the team he had, but it might also have been more of a right place, right time, right personnel thing than the fundamental "follow me men, we're going to kick some ass" approach I increasingly see from MM.

I think you can give him some production credit. We were 6-10 in GW's last seaso and 9-7 last year and almost made the playoffs but we got rocked by Piss (MM is partially the blame as I think he and the braintrust panicked a bit on the play calling in the last game and went away from a ground game which was grinding toward success when the D did an el foldo against scrubs in the run game.

The ST also was unusually negative as Clements laid one on the caroet in PR and Lindell missed a chip shot. He turned to Bledsoe and save us but Bledsoe is not the player to do it without strong leadership (or at least adequacy) from the D and ST and we died.

Nevertheless, MM deserves a lot of credit for massive improvement of this team in W/L even though in the end we aren't there yet, but demanding he make the playoffs his first year after taking over a 6-10 team is what we fans do but it is a bit much to expect.

I think it is notable that the 0-4 start did not spark any outward panicin MM who seemed to believe in himself. I think the I-90 comment from Vincent comes directly from MM getting Shaw released though the Bills were already on the hook to pay him as he could not make it onto the field with his play to contribute. Finally, he got the sacrosanct Bledsoe cut (I still feel it was a great trade to make initially, but TD never should have been extended the deal given the DB meltdown in '03).

After he demonstrated that finances and being a vet means little if you don't contribute this was MMs team,.