N.H. Doc in trouble

Ramius

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9063638/

this is ridiculous, this doctor may (albeit an extreme scenario) lose his right to practice in the state...honestly, this woman goes to the doctor, he tells her she needs to lose weight so she can stay healthy, and then she complains because he hurt her feelings?

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

“I told a fat woman she was obese,” Bennett says. “I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.'"

When is this insane stupidity that is rampant through the human race every going to stop? What, is obese not PC anymore?

Wait a minute, a doctor actually telling a patient what they need to do to be healthy? How dare he actually do his job. Maybe she should just get another doctor who will prescribe donuts.

Apparently it is good I'm not a doctor. My "Skip a meal, fatty!" line probably wouldn't have gone over too well.

And now a blast from the past, a "Your Mama" joke:

"Your mama is so fat, when she says she's sitting around the house, she really is sitting AROUND the house!" ;)

Apparently it is good I'm not a doctor.  My "Skip a meal, fatty!" line probably wouldn't have gone over too well.

And now a blast from the past, a "Your Mama" joke:

"Your mama is so fat, when she says she's sitting around the house, she really is sitting AROUND the house!"  ;)

418087[/snapback]

Me too...my usual response of "Get off your fat ass and exercise" prbably wouldnt have gone over to well either...

Tough love works. It is too bad there isn't more tough love such as to kids: study and read more and use the library, to the poor and those less able to provide for their kids (ex: less free time): don't have kids, to those concerned about police brutality: don't break the laws and don't taunt the po-lice, to everybody: don't overuse your credit cards, to Michael Moore: lay off the cookie batter...

Matt Lauer was annoying in this interview. I am glad the Doc gave her it to her straight. Too bad about the vanity. Whatever it takes to improve her health...

Not that we really need to see a picture but 250 lbs on most people of both genders is too much.