Pick one player

scribo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you actually comparing Deion Branch to Terrell Owens?  Don't get me wrong, I love what Branch brings as a player and he's proven to be a great big game guy, but his talent level is not close to Owens'.  The guy's 5'7", for crying out loud!

What difference does his height make? Again he was SUPERBOWL MVP. And McNabb had TO for ONE season, and not even a full one at that (he missed the playoffs and STILL the Eagles made it to the SB). Prior to Owens, he had garbage at WR. His RB's have been slightly above average at best, and he certainly hasn't had anyone like Dillon. Maybe the ONLY advantage he had was at TE with Chad Lewis, but that's it.

Nice straw man there.

So with comparable offensive talent and superior defense around him, McNabb has consistently led his team to be 1-2 games worse than Brady's?

As per above, McNabb's offense is FAR from comparable to the Pats', even WITH TO on it last year. And neither is the defense. Or coaching. Reid's a good coach, but he never won a SB as a coordinator and neither did any of his assistants, much less twice. Compare the 2 rosters. It'snot even close.

But if McNabb were on the Patriots, he'd have led them to 5 Super Bowl wins?

Not sure I follow your logic.

Well according to YOUR logic, the only thing that kept the Pats from winning the SB in 2000 was Bledsoe. McNabb would have been a starter that year and, again following your logic, would have won that SB. He might have also won in 2002. Again considering his teams in Philly aren't nearly as good as the Pats have been. But I know, Brady is the greatest QB ever and makes even the defense and ST's play better, and makes the coaches coach better. Just like in college. :lol:

Instead of doing that, why don't you compare Bledsoe's offensive numbers in the all-powerful Belichick/Weis/Patriots system to Brady's?

Again the REASON I brought up the defense in 2000 is because it sucked, and that had NOTHING to do with Bledsoe. It, and the offense's failing, had everything to do with a lack of talent. What you and others like you fail to realize, or more precisely CHOOSE to ignore, is that the Pats added almost half a new starting team both on offense and defense between the end of the 2000 season and start of the 2001 season. So at best you have 2 games in 2001 to compare to Brady's season. And with that, I implore you to take a look at Bledsoe's game against the Bengals to start the 2001 season versus Brady's first-ever start against the Colts. And if you want to talk about the Jets game, I'll ask you to take a look at Brady's game against the Bills to open the 2003 season, i.e. in divisional games anything goes.

I think he's on the decline now.  In his prime I'd agree with you, but I'd still rather have McNabb.

418742[/snapback]

Lewis is the greatest coach there is- on and off the field. Mcnabb hyperventilates/pukes when the Superbowl is on the line- just ask Freddie Mitchell who had to call the plays

The last few years every time this question has been asked I've always said Ray Lewis... but I also saw a decline in his play last year. I'd take Vilma before I took Ray, but I'm happy with Fletcher. That's why I'd take Brady, all he does is win.

Mcnabbs linemen said the same thing then backed off their statement.  Mcnabb is a choker-puker when it counts

Uh, WHEN did McNabb "puke/choke?" When he led their last TD drive to bring the game within 3 points? Or when they got the ball back after an ill-advised and failed on-sides kick, and he had 46 seconds left in the game?

Uh, WHEN did McNabb "puke/choke?"  When he led their last TD drive to bring the game within 3 points?  Or when they got the ball back after an ill-advised and failed on-sides kick, and he had 46 seconds left in the game?

418803[/snapback]

Several times in his career and specifically in the final drive in last years Superbowl.

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/564115-1.html

Yeah Mitchell is a loudmouth but TO bashes Donovan the whole summer. Is Donovan friends with any of his WRs? Is he friends with his lineman that leaked he was hyperventilating/puking? I recall distinctly that several linemen corroborated Mitchells claims the days after the Superbowl then Reid did some serious damage control. Ray Lewis has his rings(college and pro). What has Donovan ever won? The dude cant lead and is the most overrated QB this side of Scarecrow

Several times in his career and specifically in the final drive in last years Superbowl. 

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/564115-1.html

Yeah Mitchell is a loudmouth but TO bashes Donovan the whole summer.  Is Donovan friends with any of his WRs?  Is he friends with his lineman that leaked he was hyperventilating/puking?  I recall distinctly that several linemen corroborated Mitchells claims the days after the Superbowl then Reid did some serious damage control.  Ray Lewis has his rings(college and pro).  What has Donovan ever won?  The dude cant lead and is the most overrated QB this side of Scarecrow

It's called dehydration, Pete. Like I told HD, McNabb has done more on offense with less around him than most QB's, even Brady. And if he were such a choker, he wouldn't have been able to lead that TD drive to pull them within a FG. The Eagles' biggest problem is that they refuse to address their WR problem, and no adding just one WR, even a great one like TO (maybe if he weren't injured it would have been a different ending), isn't going to get it done.