Madden 2006 Season

I started my season on Madden last night and started to play the preseason. Well it's pretty cool how they switch the backups in for the 2nd half. At running back to start the 2nd was a player they call "Henry"(never heard of him). Anyway, I realized I should trade him after the game.

I went to the trade block and put him up to see what I could get from other teams. Now I am not saying that Madden is the ultimate authority, but it is pretty fair in calculating trades and what not. I ended up trading Henry for a 1st & 2nd round pick from Arizona.

This doesn't prove anything, but it does show that in "Madden Values" that the trade to Tennesse for a 3rd rounder would have been easily accepted and not worth it.

No offense, but the problem is too many people play Madden around here and wonder why TD can't make the same things happen in reality. 

Guess what life is not a video game.

417566[/snapback]

I 100% agree with you, but it does make you wonder how fair of a trade that was for a young pro bowl back. I'm ready to see that the Pat's gave up a 3rd rounder for Andre Davis.

That's fine, but in Madden you can trade any OL rated in the 60s for a draft pick, sometimes up to a 5th rounder. How real is that? Player for player deals are generally realistic (though they favor the computer), but you can get a draft pick for nearly any player on your roster.

That's fine, but in Madden you can trade any OL rated in the 60s for a draft pick, sometimes up to a 5th rounder.  How real is that?  Player for player deals are generally realistic (though they favor the computer), but you can get a draft pick for nearly any player on your roster.

417579[/snapback]

What you mean we can't get a a 5th for Pucillo?

I bet we could get 2 1sts and a 2nd for Mike Williams.

If Madden can do it, why can't TD. Plus, we have the camp feature where based on my controller skills I can instally make JP a 99 rated QB. Why can't MM just hook a Xbox controller to him and make it happen. :lol:

What you mean we can't get a a 5th for Pucillo? 

I bet we could get 2 1sts and a 2nd for Mike Williams. 

If Madden can do it, why can't TD.  Plus, we have the camp feature where based on my controller skills I can instally make JP a 99 rated QB.  Why can't MM just hook a Xbox controller to him and make it happen.  :lol:

417588[/snapback]

MM has hooked an XBox controller hooked up to JP, except MM is playing Mario Brothers.... :o

I 100% agree with you, but it does make you wonder how fair of a trade that was for a young pro bowl back.  I'm ready to see that the Pat's gave up a 3rd rounder for Andre Davis.

417573[/snapback]

they gave up a 5th rounder