Well, we have another one coming!!!

envirojeff

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome black panther ,  hope your shutters work.

417165[/snapback]

Thanks dude,

Meee too! My best friend owns the company that put them in and the code inspector said they did an "overkill" so we are locked down in a fortress....

Latest update:

It looks like we are seeing a slow moving storm. (bad, although it went from 8 to 9 mph)

The slower it is the more powerful it gets, but right now

it's not very organized. But from what I see, it's trying to get organized quickly now and

it can sit there off the coast like Jeanne did, but gather strength instead of

decreasing strength.... So we could see a CAT 1-2 Hurricane by Friday morning.

Right now, at the 8pm advisory, it changed direction and is moving due west now

right toward our coast as predicted.

My prediction.... we get a strong tropical storm at the minimum up to a cat #2 Hurricane

and see 70- 120 mph sustained winds. Not good... but we are hoping for a TS with 65 mph.

Good luck to you guys... I'm up in Martin County, so I know how it's probably going to be like down there tomorrow. About the only thing I did was fill up my truck today and a couple of gas cans, and brought in my outdoor stuff.

Black Panther, I had my draft lat year the night before Jeanne hit. Maybe you can pre-rank some of the guys you really want.... Hopefully you won't lose power, but then again it is FPL we're talking about :lol: Good luck.

Great.. new charts show it hitting south florida, then taking the long way up north to hit us in the panhandle. As long as there's some football on TV, I guess I'll be ok. And as Ramius' signature always reminds us, Remember not to drown.

Great.. new charts show it hitting south florida, then taking the long way up north to hit us in the panhandle. As long as there's some football on TV, I guess I'll be ok. And as Ramius' signature always reminds us, Remember not to drown.

417594[/snapback]

They got her taking a nasty right turn after she gets over the gulf again before coming up our way...altho its obviously too early to call anything after she goes over land tonite, they got her pegged as about an 80mph cat 1 when she hits the panhandle again...

They got her taking a nasty right turn after she gets over the gulf again before coming up our way...altho its obviously too early to call anything after she goes over land tonite, they got her pegged as about an 80mph cat 1 when she hits the panhandle again...

417678[/snapback]

I looked at NOAA's site an hour ago and they mentioned "Inland Hurricane Warning".

The B word just hit Cat 1, she's moving a little quicker now, 8-10 MPH.

418329[/snapback]

When I checked NOAA's site, that "Inland hurricane warning" designation was new to me. I hope it picks up speed; the Fla. water table is what, 12 or 18 inches or so below grade?

As you know, it's flooding that causes the most damage and far and away the most loss of life. I hope it speeds up and gets on it's way.