Bears are Pathetic!

I just read this article about the notes before the Bills v. Bears game.

Bears Article

It made me laugh that they start the article out with "League Leaders". It is week 2 of the PRESEASON! This shows how awful a team is when their own website has these ridiculous stats.

"Doug Brien (T-7th) and rookie Nick Novak (T-18th) and are ranked among the top-20 in scoring by kickers with 13 and 9 points, respectively."

WOW! 7th & 18th for kickers in week 2! Alright!

"Also ranked among the league's top 10 rushers is RB Thomas Jones, ninth with 90 yards despite not playing against the Colts."

90 Yards! Amazing!

Its great that crappy teams get excited about stuff like this. Does anyone else find this ridiculous as I do? I mean, I would expect it from maybe a Bears fan site or blog of some sort. The writers for the Bears offical web page probably don't get excited about much.

I just read this article about the notes before the Bills v. Bears game.

Bears Article

It made me laugh that they start the article out with "League Leaders".  It is week 2 of the PRESEASON!  This shows how awful a team is when their own website has these ridiculous stats.

"Doug Brien (T-7th) and rookie Nick Novak (T-18th) and are ranked among the top-20 in scoring by kickers with 13 and 9 points, respectively." 

WOW!  7th & 18th for kickers in week 2!  Alright!

"Also ranked among the league's top 10 rushers is RB Thomas Jones, ninth with 90 yards despite not playing against the Colts."

90 Yards!  Amazing! 

Its great that crappy teams get excited about stuff like this.  Does anyone else find this ridiculous as I do?  I mean, I would expect it from maybe a Bears fan site or blog of some sort.  The writers for the Bears offical web page probably don't get excited about much.

415813[/snapback]

BB.com has a reputation for doing the EXACT same thing by making it seem that everything the Bills do is great. In fact, I'd say that Bears press release is pretty tame compared to the happy sunshine crap that BB.com throws at us when things go bad.

And the Bears have been looking somewhat decent in their last two preseason games...Chad Hutchinson is terrible, but Kyle Orton looks like he could tear our backup Defense to shreds and they just signed Jeff Blake. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see them hang a bunch of points on us on Friday and get a preseason win to boost their confidence heading into the season.

BB.com has a reputation for doing the EXACT same thing by making it seem that everything the Bills do is great.  In fact, I'd say that Bears press release is pretty tame compared to the happy sunshine crap that BB.com throws at us when things go bad.

And the Bears have been looking somewhat decent in their last two preseason games...Chad Hutchinson is terrible, but Kyle Orton looks like he could tear our backup Defense to shreds and they just signed Jeff Blake.  Wouldnt surprise me at all to see them hang a bunch of points on us on Friday and get a preseason win to boost their confidence heading into the season.

415821[/snapback]

I clicked on that Bears' site. Like you say, BFD...a fan site, no more, no less.

And why shouldn't they crow? A visiting team showing up at the digs of the oldest franchise?

I'd like to be there for the tilt...good fun, I'd say. :devil: