OT - Sirius Satellite Radio Question

EZC-Boston

its a snap, cig lighter and run the antennae wire using the trim to hide any wires and magnet it to the roof of the car

My friend had his sirius satellite radio uninstalled when he bought a new car.  It doesn't fit in his new car and he said I could have it.  Is the installation easy enough to do myself?

415640[/snapback]

My sirius yearly subscription ran out on the 13th. They never sent me a renewal notice so I didn't even know. It worked fine in my car still, the only thing I couldn't do was log into it online to play at work.

Bottom line is if I wouldn't have called them I would've gotten it free in my car for God only knows how long. They couldn't charge my card from the original subscription because I got a new one with a different expiration date so they just didn't charge me. When I called they said they didn't know I could still get it in my car and that I shouldn't have been able to. I wonder if this is a glitch?? :devil:

My friend had his sirius satellite radio uninstalled when he bought a new car.  It doesn't fit in his new car and he said I could have it.  Is the installation easy enough to do myself?

415640[/snapback]

Is it a head unit, or a plug-n-play unit?

If you already have a Sirius unit in your house/car don't expect to hear anything via their website. The customer service reps are stupid and think that you are a net newbie to boot!

You're allowed to listen to just about any of their stations online if your account is in good standing but it won't work in any browser.

Like I said their CS don't know what to do when you explain it to them in the most dumbed-down verbage you can think of.

If you already have a Sirius unit in your house/car don't expect to hear anything via their website.  The customer service reps are stupid and think that you are a net newbie to boot! 

You're allowed to listen to just about any of their stations online if your account is in good standing but it won't work in any browser. 

Like I said their CS don't know what to do when you explain it to them in the most dumbed-down verbage you can think of.

416156[/snapback]

Ummmm...... I listen to it every day through my browser at work. :devil:

they have it, an XAct model, but right now it is upwards of $250, it comes with storage memory and a few other bells and whistles. I am very happy with my starmate with both the home and car kit, it sounds great through my home stereo

I'm waiting for Sirius to introduce their version of the XM MyFi, which will probably coincide with when Stern moves there.  That MyFi thing is cool.

416327[/snapback]

here you go.  this was supposed to hit retailers(ie Circuit City) in late July, but it looks like it still isn't here yet

xact

Yeah, I thought it wasn't out yet. I remember the mid-summer release date and figured there would be a lot of fanfare when it WAS released. Maybe they're waiting to see if Stern gets let-out of his contract and will time the release with that?