Irvin made TJ look very stupid

1billsfan

TJ and Irvin were discussing current under-rated players in the NFL. TJ said he thought that Bledsoe was the most under-rated and that he will have a great season based on Bledsoe's motivation from seeing Tom Brady winning all of those Superbowls. Micheal Irvin starts to snicker, then laugh, as he says..."shouldn't that motivation have been when he was a Buffalo Bill?" TJ had the dumbest look on his face as they went to commercial.

Thank you Micheal. I couldn't stand him as a player, but I've always liked him as an analyst.

TJ and Irvin were discussing current under-rated players in the NFL. TJ said he thought that Bledsoe was the most under-rated and that he will have a great season based on Bledsoe's motivation from seeing Tom Brady winning all of those Superbowls. Micheal Irvin starts to snicker, then laugh, as he says..."shouldn't that motivation have been when he was a Buffalo Bill?" TJ had the dumbest look on his face as they went to commercial.

Thank you Micheal. I couldn't stand him as a player, but I've always liked him as an analyst.

415538[/snapback]

While I am not one of those who hates Bledsoe, and would have liked to see him stick around for another year, I think that most in the national media, who have not wathced him play week in week out, have the perception that Bledsoe is much better than he is. Not unlike how many of us felt when we got him here in Buffalo. We kind of gave him the benefit of a doubt, despite Patsy trolls assurance that we would be disappointed, saying that his problems were rooted in the talent around (or not around) him.

Many of us learned the hard way that Bledsoe, despite his proto-type lineage, has more limitations in his game than are apparent on the surface. His 3 years in Buffalo, you would think, would have exposed him to everyone, but guys like TJ (who I like) always stick up for name vetrans. Bledsoe is what he is. I like the guy, and would love to see him succeed (though never at Buffalo's expense), but I know he is not what I once thought he was. The fact that he was able to have such a monsterous first half in 2002 suggests that he can play well, he just hasn't always....

415538[/snapback]

Irvin's got to be one of my favorite analysts. He's up there with Madden. Nothing I enjoy more than seeing Irvin on ESPN, then MAdden on MNF and ahving a fat bowl of Retatta during the game (prepared long before kickoff, so its ready for halftime.)

If Blesoe does happen to be more productive in Dallas than in Buffalo (from the little I saw of Bledsoe last night he looked less productive) I doubt it will be more motivation that makes the difference it will be bause the personality of Bill Parcells suceeds in doing the same thing he did with him when Bledsoe led a Parcells NE team to the SB.

Bledsoe has the obvious and clear to all bad habit of holding onto the ball too long and going into his trademark pat-pat-pat. If the OL cannot hold the rush for more tha 4-5 seonds the next sound one hears is a sack.

Even when the OL holds its blocks (Bledsoe is a big tough boy who will stand in there as long as he can before the sack) Bledsoe also has the habit of locking onto his favorite receiver and lasering the ball into a small opening if it occurs before the sack as only his rocket arm can. However, when you do this you run the risk of creating a situation like one in Miami a couple of years back where Bledsoe waited and waited for his favorite Eric Moulds to get open and Sam Madison also waited and watched and jumped throw for the INT while Travis Henry waived his arm in vain for a wide open throw because Bledsoe did not read his progressions when Moulds was not immediately open.

If Parcells can use his personality of consistently yelling at Bledsoe to replace what MM used (the alarm clock set for 4 seconds) to get Bledsoe not pat and lock then he will get better production out of Bledsoe. In addition, TC called a game which used Bledsoe on occaision on the QB draw which helped force DCs to not sell out completely to the blitz with their LBs.

If Julius Jones proves to be an effective rush threat (particularly to the outside) as WM proved to be then it is possible to both give Bledsoe more time and to force him to just throw the damn ball instead of using that time up.

It din't look like this was working last night, but if Bledsoe survives we'll see.

I think the Grateful Dead said best: "He's gone.......nothings gonna bring him back.....He's gone!!"

415689[/snapback]

Rat in a drain ditch

Caught on a limb

You know better but I know him

Like I told you

What I said

Steal your face right off of your head

415538[/snapback]

Thanks for the post, 1bills.....I was trying to figure out what Irvin had mumbled as they went to commercial

I didn't see the show, but if Tom Jackson said that, I'll give him a pass. He's an astute observer, and if he said what this post said he said, I'll call it a lapse. Happens to all of us...

415900[/snapback]

The funny part is that if Bledsoe is underrated (just play along) then TJ is one of the reasons why.....He didn't have many flattering comments for DB on Primetime the last couple of years if I recall.

The funny part is that if Bledsoe is underrated (just play along) then TJ is one of the reasons why.....He didn't have many flattering comments for DB on Primetime the last couple of years if I recall.

415906[/snapback]

:devil: Indeed. I guess it was just a "media moment". Nice to see you won't stab Jackson; he's one to listen to IMO.

415538[/snapback]

B]TJ had the dumbest look on his face as they went to commercial.[/b]

Damn! If Michael Irvin makes you look like that my guess is he was also thinking "I wonder if I am capable enough to make Rettata?...."

I am NOT a fan of Michael Irvin and I do like TJ a lot but I still think that is very funny...

Everybody likes Tom Jackson, and I have no idea why. He's probably the nicest guy in the world, at least he seems like it- but he never, EVER, ever says anything of any consequence...

416057[/snapback]

That's true - you wouldn't be able to tell he's a former player, as he mostly sounds like a fan stating the obvious and he never really brings any insightful X's & O's to the table.

Then again - neither does any other analyst outside of the 'Edge NFL Matchup' crew; so I guess he's preferable to the 95% of analysts who say nothing of consequence and don't seem like as nice of guys.

I like the guy, and would love to see him succeed (though never at Buffalo's expense), but I know he is not what I once thought he was. 

415571[/snapback]

I have dream -

January 2007 Superbowl, Bills vs Dallas with Drew Bledsoe at QB.

I can guarantee that the drooling our defense does will not be because of the Cowboys cheerleaders.

Why are we still talking about Drew Bledsoe? Is the insecurity over the decision to ship him out so deep that we need to be reassured, by Michael Irvin no less, of the wisdom of that decision?

We have a new sheriff in town and all the excitement that comes with it, can't we just have fun with JP instead of spending time trashing the long gone Drew Bledsoe? This is like the guy who never stops telling you what a jerk his ex-wife was long after the divorce is final.

Why are we still talking about Drew Bledsoe?  Is the insecurity over the decision to ship him out so deep that we need to be reassured, by Michael Irvin no less, of the wisdom of that decision?

We have a new sheriff in town and all the excitement that comes with it, can't we just have fun with JP instead of spending time trashing the long gone Drew Bledsoe?  This is like the guy who never stops telling you what a jerk his ex-wife was long after the divorce is final.

416380[/snapback]

Relax, we're in a dead period right now. The preseason is already getting annoying and the real season still seems somewhat far away, how many times can you talk about what kind of NFL player JPs gonna be? Irvin turned a Bills topic on TJ about why DB wasn't motivated enough in Buffalo. I thought it was hilarious and wanted to share. Maybe you're the sore one who can never talk about this past relationship.

:devil:

If Blesoe does happen to be more productive in Dallas than in Buffalo (from the little I saw of Bledsoe last night he looked less productive) I doubt it will be more motivation that makes the difference it will be bause the personality of Bill Parcells suceeds in doing the same thing he did with him when Bledsoe led a Parcells NE team to the SB.

Bledsoe has the obvious and clear to all bad habit of holding onto the ball too long and going into his trademark pat-pat-pat. If the OL cannot hold the rush for more tha 4-5 seonds the next sound one hears is a sack.

415674[/snapback]

Bledsoe holds the ball too long and locks unto a receiver?

Really, are you sure?

NEWS FLASH! Water is wet and the sky is blue.