Random Thoughts from around the league

plenzmd1

Thought this kid was going to be pretty good

Dolphins are closely monitoring the backup quarterback situation with New Orleans, anticipating that fifth-round pick Adrian McPherson could be cut, meaning the Dolphins could possibly claim him on waivers.

According to a source, McPherson has fallen behind Kliff Kingsbury in the competition for the third quarterback job. The Saints are unlikely to keep more than three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster, leading to the likelihood that McPherson will be let go.

McPherson, a former Florida State standout who was kicked out after being involved in a gambling probe, was considered one of the best athletes in the draft. However, he hasn't been able to overcome a number of mental errors.

And this from Jerry Jones on revenue sharing. Take this as a direct poke at RW. A

Nobody is thinking they're going to come out here and put a team here and become a multimillionaire. I don't know anybody that comes into the NFL like that. They've got a lot of places they could put their investment and do better than that. But they can't get their financial soul handed to them if they come in. It's got to somehow make some sense at some time that you could get on a livable basis with the other teams in the NFL. But if you look at teams that want to share more revenues, they're teams that don't have a lot on the table. They've long since not had any serious investment in their team."

Heres the link to full article, pretty interesting as it regards a new CBA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5081900641.html

I know I'll get killed for this, but he doesn't suck. MaPhaerson will be third string if they get im, but I was just surprised he would be behind Kingsbury and in danger of getting cut. 5th round QBs generally aren't cut after one training camp

Is Gus Forrette really going to start for them?  How old is he?

415185[/snapback]

Frerotte started for the putrid '02 Bengals, but was sat down after about 4 games. I was pulling for him, but he was just awful.

2002 Cincinnati Bengals 4 3 85 44 51.8 437 5.14 51 1 5 10/74 2 1 46.1