Re. The tape delay

dib

Just curious. Why would the feed change at half time. First half I'm listening to Levy/Tasker, second half it's a couple of cheese heads on the all packer channel.

Why?

The world wonders.

Just curious.  Why would the feed change at half time.  First half I'm listening to Levy/Tasker, second half it's a couple of cheese heads on the all packer channel.

Why?

The world wonders.

415133[/snapback]

That's how they do it. Probably so fans from each team get that 'home town' feel to the game.

That's how they do it.  Probably so fans from each team get that 'home town' feel to the game.

415139[/snapback]

exactly. there is no "national" broadcast of preseason, and since the NFL network is a national network, they give both teams' fans a taste of the hometown announcers.

i too think it's a great idea.

I like hearing the other team's announcers because our announcers suck. :huh:

415207[/snapback]

I think Tasker could be better if he would calm down just a little and announce the game in something a little closer to a conversational tone and stop RAISING his VOICE to EMPHASIZE points that DON'T really CALL for it. I don't MIND so much what he's SAYING, but LISTENING to him EXCLAIM the BILLS are in a SECOND and SIX at the TWENTY-ONE YARD LINE wears on me after a while.

And as much respect as I have for Marv Levy, somebody please get him out of the booth. Please. It's just not for him.

The Packers' announcers weren't bad at all.

I like it because its funny seeing how the home announcers aren't that critical about their team and bash on the opponent.

415181[/snapback]

Try to catch the Raiders' announcers some time. Jim Plunkett and a couple of other guys. You never hear more than one announcer at a time because while one is talking, the others are blowing Al Davis. They switch back and forth, and it only becomes obvious because sometimes just before they cut to commercial they show the guys in the booth and one of them is always wiping his chin.

The one thing I hated was purposely avoiding the score of the game until I had a chance to see it and then having the damn score scroll at the bottom of the screen.

Yeah - wasn't that a bummer? Took the fun out of it.