Stones at Fenway Opening Night

Rico

I was 5th row A5 yesterday thanks to a nice ticket drop Saturday night. Awesome show, they've finally got the mix right after the past 16 years...guitars mixed way up, Leavell's piano mixed way down, volume cranked way up. Nothing Vegas or nostalgic about this show, they just came & kicked ass! Far and away best show I've seen from them since 81, don't miss them!

PS. First time I've ever been in the Heartbreak Hotel... Green Monster didn't look that big behind the Stones' massive stage.

I was 5th row A5 yesterday thanks to a nice ticket drop Saturday night. Awesome show, they've finally got the mix right after the past 16 years...guitars mixed way up, Leavell's piano mixed way down, volume cranked way up. Nothing Vegas or nostalgic about this show, they just came & kicked ass! Far and away best show I've seen from them since 81, don't miss them!

PS. First time I've ever been in the Heartbreak Hotel... Green Monster didn't look that big behind the Stones' massive stage.

414855[/snapback]

I got a 3 song promo disc sampler from the new album. It actually sounds pretty damn good...

I have seen them at least once every American tour since 1978, and decided that the last time was indeed the last time....but every time I try to get out, they pull me back in....gotta say, 1989 was my favorite tour....it was the first time they tried to "give the people what they want" (1978 and 1981 were pretty heavy on new album songs, and the staples, few nuggets!). I realize, as much as I don't usually like their new albums, they are still a great live band...did they do anything like the small stage set up they did a few tours back (just the 5 core guys!)? What songs did Keith do?

Any highlights, standout numbers, surprises etc
BEPeas opened, Fergie walked riight in front of me on her way back to the dressing room, looked like she didn't pee her pants on-stage tonight... Big commotion when Steven Tyler arrived, he was in the next section over, Arnold S. was a few sections over too, but I didn't see him... no surprises on the setlist cause I could read it on the board next to Charlie's drum kit. :huh: To tell the truth, I enjoyed the warhorses the most cause they were finally mixed right.

.did they do anything like the small stage set up they did a few tours back (just the 5 core guys!)? What songs did Keith do?
Charlie's drum kit, on a small platform, moved forward to the front of the stage, they all jumped on the platform and it slowly moved out to around 2nd base while they were still playing, pretty cool! Keith did the only ballad of the night, The Worst, and a new song, Infamy (In For Me).

BEPeas opened, Fergie walked riight in front of me on her way back to the dressing room, looked like she didn't pee her pants on-stage tonight...  I enjoyed the warhorses the most cause they were finally mixed right.

415175[/snapback]

You enjoyed the whorehouses the most? Good for you, man! :D

Good to hear that skank didn't wet herself... :huh:

Glad you could go Rico. Those $450 ticket prices for the field seats were too steep for me.

Did you hear about the 20-year old chick from Connecticut who climbed onto the rafters in the right field grandstands to get a better look? She ended up falling 50 feet. Broke both ankles and a wrist. She's lucky as hell she didn't fall on her head or break her back.

Glad you could go Rico. Those $450 ticket prices for the field seats were too steep for me.

Did you hear about the 20-year old chick from Connecticut who climbed onto the rafters in the right field grandstands to get a better look? She ended up falling 50 feet. Broke both ankles and a wrist. She's lucky as hell she didn't fall on her head or break her back.

415255[/snapback]

I read about that the next day, but didn't know about it then.

Right in front of me though near the end of the show, this shirtless black guy jumped out from behind the stage and was started playing air guitar on a broom. I thought it was one of the Black Eyed Peas! :devil: Mick was all the way down the left runway, and this guy started moving closer to him till security grabbed him & threw him off!

Right in front of me though near the end of the show, this shirtless black guy jumped out from behind the stage and was started playing air guitar on a broom. I thought it was one of the Black Eyed Peas! :devil: Mick was all the way down the left runway, and this guy started moving closer to him till security grabbed him & threw him off!

415763[/snapback]

Was it R. Rich? Maybe that's why he needs surgery now.