Buffalo's Robert Moog dies

I think that for a while his factory was in the GEX/Super Flea building in Cheektowaga.

414418[/snapback]

The factory was in Williamsville, in an old slaughterhouse at the end of Academy St.

Then, they moved it to the GEX/Superflea site on Walden.

I was an electronics technician there. When it was in Wmsvl, it was the most fun job I ever had. When they moved, they knuckled down to a big production environment, and took all the fun out of it.

I remember attending the garage sale at Bob Moog's house before he moved to NC. Man, was that a wonderland of cool stuff for electronic music junkies!

I think he co-invented it with Walter Carlos who did the music for "A Clockwork Orange" and then later, became a woman  :rolleyes: if I'm not mistaken.

414592[/snapback]

According to this, Walter, now Wendy, just later adapted it and it didn't sound like they invented it together.

http://nytimes.com/2005/08/22/technology/2...artner=homepage

The factory was in Williamsville, in an old slaughterhouse at the end of Academy St.

Then, they moved it to the GEX/Superflea site on Walden.

I was an electronics technician there. When it was in Wmsvl, it was the most fun job I ever had. When they moved, they knuckled down to a big production environment, and took all the fun out of it.

I remember attending the garage sale at Bob Moog's house before he moved to NC. Man, was that a wonderland of cool stuff for electronic music junkies!

414548[/snapback]

Was it the old Chalmers gelatin factory?

I think that for a while his factory was in the GEX/Super Flea building in Cheektowaga.

414418[/snapback]

Off subject:

I live around the corner from the Super Flea....

I go there every so often just to check out the junk.

Remember the cantina scene in Star Wars? Ok, that is what the place looks like now.

Keep ahold of your wallets :rolleyes:

And there is no relation whatsomentever with Moog (the company) from East Aurora, right?

414867[/snapback]

Did Moog Inc. invent the Moog synthesizer?

No. Robert Moog, another genius inventor and a cousin of Bill Moog, invented the synthesizer. By doing a search on “Moog and synthesizers”, it’s possible to find several websites devoted to this topic and to locate parts for the synthesizers

Moog

As part of my own personal trivia, Moog was the first company to reject me for employment as a graduating engineering student from college. :rolleyes:

Was it the old Chalmers gelatin factory?

414783[/snapback]

You are probably correct about the gelatin factory. The slaughterhouse thing may have been an exaggeration (that they told us kids), but there was definitely animal processing in there.

You are probably correct about the gelatin factory. The slaughterhouse thing may have been an exaggeration (that they told us kids), but there was definitely animal processing in there.

Gelatin is made from animals - skin, bones, cartilage, ligaments, etc.