McGahee v. Hester

Peter

In ESPN the Mag, there was an article about Devon Hester (the kick returner, punt returner, CB, and WR for the Canes). If you have never seen this guy return a kick, you are in for a treat.

Anyway, the article talked about how Hester may be the fastest Cane ever. Yet, it did say that there was one guy who clocked a better 40 time. As you probably have guessed from the topic title, it was Willis McGahee.

Apparently, McGahee clocked a 4.25 and Hester clocked a 4.28 (if I remember correctly).

That is smoking. I don't know if Willis still runs a 4.25, but if and when he does, look out. That combination of power and speed is amazing.

When you open ESPN The Magazine, do little glitter stars fall all over the place or does it just light up in neon? :D

No medical guy here, but I suspect it would be tough for him to get back to that speed after the injury and surgery. Still when you watch him go to the outside, it's a beautiful site. Travis Henry he is not.

When you open ESPN The Magazine, do little glitter stars fall all over the place or does it just light up in neon? :D

414389[/snapback]

Only opened in desperate situation, ala morning paper not there yet and time for the morning constitutional

No medical guy here, but I suspect it would be tough for him to get back to that speed after the injury and surgery. Still when you watch him go to the outside, it's a beautiful site. Travis Henry he is not.

414389[/snapback]

ESPN the Mag is free with my Insider subscription. I have no complaints.

The most disconcerting thing when I'm reading that magazine is always having to determine when I turn the page if this page is an advertisement or 'content'. I have to say they do have some good articles - I just skip the 50 or so pages of 'X-Game-class' "sport" coverage every issue :D

Only opened in desperate situation, ala morning paper not there yet and time for the morning constitutional

414390[/snapback]

i have read the Mag a time or two.....given the scenario you suggest....you have a good back up if you run out of toilet paper.

i have read the Mag a time or two.....given the scenario you suggest....you have a good back up if you run out of toilet paper.

414409[/snapback]

I dunno. Paper's a bit too glossy. You might end up having to wash your hands a bit more than you intended.

I'd use it to line a birdcage, though.

414389[/snapback]

I was sitting in the Rockpile at the game on Saturday and had an ex-college, tried out for the pros guy sitting behind me who said that Favre is a first time HOFer (which he is) at least 250 times during the game ... true, but a bit excessive. He was talking to his buddy about how WM is fast enough to get to the corner on a run outside, Gates was doing it too, and then he said something about how Travis Henry could always do that ... :P:P:w00t::blink::blink::blink:

I DON'T THINK SO.

Anyway, the article talked about how Hester may be the fastest Cane ever.  Yet, it did say that there was one guy who clocked a better 40 time.  As you probably have guessed from the topic title, it was Willis McGahee.

Apparently, McGahee clocked a 4.25 and Hester clocked a 4.28 (if I remember correctly).

That is smoking.  I don't know if Willis still runs a 4.25, but if and when he does, look out.  That combination of power and speed is amazing.

414383[/snapback]

McGahee was faster than Parrish? For some reason I assumed Parrish logged a faster 40.

ESPN the Mag is free with my Insider subscription.  I have no complaints.

414391[/snapback]

I agree with you on that. I signed up for the yea long subscrition to insider and the Mag, insider is great, tons of great artcicles. The Mag, not so much! 120 pages with only 60 pages worth of articles.

I was sitting in the Rockpile at the game on Saturday and had an ex-college, tried out for the pros guy sitting behind me who said that Favre is a first time HOFer (which he is) at least 250 times during the game ... true, but a bit excessive.  He was talking to his buddy about how WM is fast enough to get to the corner on a run outside, Gates was doing it too, and then he said something about how Travis Henry could always do that ... :rolleyes:  0:)  :)  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I DON'T THINK SO.

414470[/snapback]

You gotta love the guys who played for a small school and somehow that makes them more of an expert that the normal fan. the "I coulda been a contender" guys are quite hilarious.

I agree with you on that.  I signed up for the yea long subscrition to insider and the Mag, insider is great, tons of great artcicles.  The Mag, not so much!  120 pages with only 60 pages worth of articles.

414499[/snapback]

I get the mag too. It use to be great. The articles would get you through 2 weeks of useage on the throne. Now, your lucky to get a week out of it.

The problem is they have gone away from mainstream sports and every edition there is some article about a guy who rides BMX and they do an analysis on his tatoos or the female surfer or the japanese pro bass fisherman or bam majera. Who TF cares? But, it is ESPN I guess and they are suppose to cover all things sports.