Bills current warning against non-official tickets

BillsWatch

Ticket takers: Fans attending Saturday's preseason game against Green Bay will have their tickets scanned using a new bar code system now in effect at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The team is warning fans to be cautious when purchasing tickets from scalpers or from outlets other than the team box office or Ticketmaster.

Is this just a way to get fans to buy from Bills first? I cannot see real advantage to a bar code system unless they have a lot of counterfitting. They just be doing some camera work comparing ticket users faces at multiple game for same seats spptting the comercial scalpers.

Is this just a way to get fans to buy from Bills first? I cannot see real advantage to a bar code system unless they have a lot of counterfitting.  They just be doing some camera work comparing ticket users faces at multiple game for same seats spptting the comercial scalpers.

412840[/snapback]

Just a thought. I really think this has to do with being able to print tickets online now. My boss bought me tickets to the Kansas City game and they look nothing like a normal ticket. Just a piece of paper with a barcode on it basically.

Yeah that makes sense. I'd NEVER buy a ticket from a scalper which was printed out on a computer but I'd buy the actual ones even though they are equivalant if they are real.

I doubt I'll see any offered today when I look for a scalper with 3 preseason tickets when I get to Buffalo.

The bar code system with Ticketmaster has been around for a couple of years at least, so it's really nothing new. First time I saw it in use was in December of 2002 at a Peter Gabriel concert in Toronto. Just new for the Bills with the ticket office using Ticketmaster.

The counterfeit tickets look just like the real ones. BE CAREFUL! I'm not kidding. I've bought concert tix from scalpers for years. I never had a problem was always able to get decent seats w/o paying too much. Last summer I bought tix to a show they looked perfect even the back of the tix had all the written disclaimers and even an ad. I got to the door and they wouldn't scan. They brought me inside and tried it again. They were very nice and felt bad but never-the-less I didn't get in. Just a little FYI......I will never again buy tix from a scapler because of this....