Thank you, God, for our Defense

I just wanna say, God I love our defense. I love every single article that talks about their desire and intensity (like today's BN article about Kelsay).

Take a step back.

Remember where we were in 2001? Possibly the worst D the Bills have had in the last 15 years. That's not Buffalo, not the Bills - give me a championship D over a high-powered O any day. Nothing riles up the Ralph like a killer, intense defense - and, thanks to Donahoe and his cronies, we have the most exciting defense I've ever seen up-close. Don't get me wrong - I loved watching Bruuuuuce, Art Still and Bennett flying around, but this defense ATTACKS. It's solid in EVERY SINGLE AREA. And, best of all, it's HUNGRY. If we don't win a Superbowl in the next few years, it won't be our D's fault.

Take a step back.

Enjoy the moment - these things are rare. We are witnessing dominance - players who know they're the best, play like it, and relish every moment of it. We may never see it again - ever. Championships are elusive - near-impossible. At the very least, nomatter what happens, I'll be fired up to watch our D swarm every Sunday.

i need to see them shut down the patriots to be convinced. brady & co. ate them up twice last season.

don't get me wrong, i loved watching us beat up on arizona and cleveland last season, but to be truly elite they need to do it against the cream of the crop.

i need to see them shut down the patriots to be convinced.  brady & co. ate them up twice last season.

don't get me wrong, i loved watching us beat up on arizona and cleveland last season, but to be truly elite they need to do it against the cream of the crop.

412006[/snapback]

I say nobody scores a single TD against us all year, Pats included. Maybe somebody gets a lucky FG once in a while. Total points against us for the year: about 15.

(Wow, this is good coffee) :devil:

I say nobody scores a single TD against us all year, Pats included.  Maybe somebody gets a lucky FG once in a while.  Total points against us for the year:  about 15.

(Wow, this is good coffee) :devil:

412010[/snapback]

I say nobody scores a single TD, Pats included, and the only score is a freak safety against the offense all year. Total points against us for the year: 2

(Wow, great brownies with my coffee): :blush:0:)

I

Enjoy the moment - these things are rare.  We are witnessing dominance - players who know they're the best, play like it, and relish every moment of it.  We may never see it again - ever.  Championships are elusive - near-impossible.  At the very least, nomatter what happens, I'll be fired up to watch our D swarm every Sunday.

412002[/snapback]

Coach T...I agree the defense has been very good the last couple of years and it appears on paper that they will be very good again this year. But..."We may never see it again - ever" talk is reserved for defenses like the Ravens and the Bears when they won Super Bowls in spite of their offenses.