Marv's book signing

Pretty well attended. I got in line at 5:40 and finally got signed at 6:15. There were still 20 or so people behind me.

They passed around post-it notes so you could write down who you wanted the autograph made out to. I considered putting "EBay Bidder" as a joke but decided not to. :lol:

I told him the story about how my brother and I got back to our hotel in Minneapolis after dinner the night before SB XXVI and he was the first person I saw in the lobby. He said "Oh yeah, the super secret hotel".

He didn't write anything of note in my book, just "To Jay, Marv Levy" Still, it was very cool to meet the legend. That voice is unmistakeable.

was there also...got ticket numbers 16 and 17 because i showed up ridiculously early with my brother...wasn't going to miss out on this signing after missing all the opportunities elsewhere

and yes, that voice is really unmistakeable

was there also...got ticket numbers 16 and 17 because i showed up ridiculously early with my brother...wasn't going to miss out on this signing after missing all the opportunities elsewhere

and yes, that voice is really unmistakeable

412304[/snapback]

Dude, that is the freakiest avatar.

Marv had us write names on post-its when he did the signing in NYC. Sped things along. The publisher had asked if we could monitor the line and make sure to speed people along. Why? Not because he's unfriendly, but TOO friendly. He probably would carry on a 15 minute conversation with every single person if he could. He's a real class act. His wife is lovely too. I'm glad I got to meet the legend.