Any feedback about the Pick' em contest?

SDS

I agree.  If I remember correctly that was new last year, and was in response to people forgetting to make their picks, or being unable to make them etc.  I would recommend dropping that option (no, not just because I finished below dem guys lots of times :devil: )

412015[/snapback]

Hey, I haven't joined you guys in the Pick 'em before (sounds fun), but I have a suggestion for this issue. You should consider having the auto-picks always choose the home team. This way people aren't knocked out of the running for the year if something comes up, but they still will likely get punished for not getting their selections in.

Hey, I haven't joined you guys in the Pick 'em before (sounds fun), but I have a suggestion for this issue.  You should consider having the auto-picks always choose the home team.  This way people aren't knocked out of the running for the year if something comes up, but they still will likely get punished for not getting their selections in.

412093[/snapback]

This is why I do it.

We do drop one week, but it's just nice to have some backup because you have to attend to life every now and then.

I would like to hear more reasons why it should be eliminated.

I have a question about the pick-em contest. Last year I was the last one standing from the TSW put got no points for that. How about adding 5-10 points for the winner of the TSW pick-em portion?

412085[/snapback]

I have no idea what you are asking! :devil:

This is why I do it. 

We do drop one week, but it's just nice to have some backup because you have to attend to life every now and then.

412097[/snapback]

I'm in favor of keeping this. Its nice to know that I'm not automatically out of it because I missed a week for life reasons.

Now if there is an option that I won't be automatically out of it because I SUCK at picking games, I'm all for that too. :devil:

This is why I do it. 

412097[/snapback]

I just dislike it when I take the time to sit down and think about why I should pick one team over another, when someone else just lets the computer pick theirs, and they finish better than me. I know one person that as soon as picks can be entered on Tuesday, they do it. Another that will be entering/changing picks up to the last minute on Sunday. There are 5 and a half days to enter picks, so even though real life issues might come up, there's plenty of time to get the picks entered.

I just dislike it when I take the time to sit down and think about why I should pick one team over another, when someone else just lets the computer pick theirs, and they finish better than me. I know one person that as soon as picks can be entered on Tuesday, they do it. Another that will be entering/changing picks up to the last minute on Sunday. There are 5 and a half days to enter picks, so even though real life issues might come up, there's plenty of time to get the picks entered.

412477[/snapback]

What he said.

412477[/snapback]

Unless of course you take a two week vacation. On many weekends many of the favorites win. On some of them the underdogs rally. You pick by looking at scouting and injury reports, someone else picks based on the colors of the teams. If those people do better than you in a given week should we not be allowed to pick based on colors, because that person isn't putting the "thought" into it that you are? Will someone who manually just picks the favorites every week have an unfair "advantage?" If that's how someone wants to play the game, why not allow an automatic means to do it? It's not like the computer is able to look up the final scores of this coming weekend's game, it's not doing voodoo algebra, it's simply picking either the favorites, 'dogs, home or away teams based on your preferences...

I work out my "schemes" too. Sometimes they work, most of the time they crap out. Sometimes I think "well, I could have just picked the favorites and done better." Oh, well, I didn't. It's not someone else's fault that they did just have the computer pick the favorites, it's my fault for having a crappy "scheme". Oh, well...on to the next "scheme."

Unless of course you take a two week vacation.  On many weekends many of the favorites win.  On some of them the underdogs rally.  You pick by looking at scouting and injury reports, someone else picks based on the colors of the teams.  If those people do better than you in a given week should we not be allowed to pick based on colors, because that person isn't putting the "thought" into it that you are?  Will someone who manually just picks the favorites every week have an unfair "advantage?"  If that's how someone wants to play the game, why not allow an automatic means to do it?  It's not like the computer is able to look up the final scores of this coming weekend's game, it's not doing voodoo algebra, it's simply picking either the favorites, 'dogs, home or away teams based on your preferences...

I work out my "schemes" too.  Sometimes they work, most of the time they crap out.  Sometimes I think "well, I could have just picked the favorites and done better."  Oh, well, I didn't.  It's not someone else's fault that they did just have the computer pick the favorites, it's my fault for having a crappy "scheme".  Oh, well...on to the next "scheme."

412568[/snapback]

Before we get off on a tangent, I'm not bemoaning the way some people pick teams, just that the system gives them an automatic way to do it. Even though we had that option last year, there was still one time that I had left for the game, and realized 5 minutes from my house that I had forgotten to do my picks. Rather than let the system choose them, I turned around and went home to put them in.