Anyone else try to tune in the game?

I don't get it?  Apparantly you don't...

At least TWO people here wasted VACATION TIME to rush home and watch the Bills/Colts game.  If they had TiVo, they would've recorded it, tried watching it when they got home (using NO vacation time), then reazlied that the whole game wasn't there.  They'd still be pissed, but they'd still have their vacation time from their job.  Not sure about you, but my vacation time is worth FAR more than $60/year..  Hell, 1 HOUR of my vacation time is worth more than $60/year.

Also, DirecTV/TiVo does not send daily updates over the phones, you're wrong.  You don't need the phone after daily setup.  But why listen to people who have been there and own the product?  :D

CW

411039[/snapback]

Not only did I burn up vacation time, I left a patient on the operating table, and killed two squirrels and a mailman racing to get home. I should have just paid the $5. I sure feel foolish.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like commercials.

I can unload the dishwasher, fold the clothes, take a potty break, take out the garbage, make a phone call, feed the cat.

And if I'm watching with a date - good necking opportunity.

What's wrong with that?

So do you still have your phone line connected to your DirecTV/TiVo? If you do then you wouldn't know. According to reps who I have talked to at DirecTV there would be a lot of bothersome error messages if it is does not have a land based phone line. I may be wrong but the bottom line is: when did this become a TIVO sales pitch? Oh since 2 people said they missed work you have to be like "you better go TIVO!"? Others TIVOed the game and are still POed. My main issus is that I wanted to watch the game when it was showed; if you TIVO the game and still missed the best part of the game worth watching and now you would have to tape it again IF it is replayed.

411079[/snapback]

I like commercials.

I can unload the dishwasher, fold the clothes, take a potty break, take out the garbage, make a phone call, feed the cat.

What's wrong with that?

411099[/snapback]

Good points, however if you have a DVR (one advantage to an Adelphia DVR vs a TiVo is no need for a phone line) you can pause live TV if need to get up and do something :D as you suggested yet not be at the mercy of the length and/or when the commercial is scheduled for. In terms of interuptions whether it be a TiVo/DVR or any other recording device the truth is their all at the mercy of the network that hosts the programming. As twice I DVR'd the replay of the Bills/Dolphins playoff game in 1999 however both got interupted with press conferences that the network chose to air instead of the originally programming. So don't be mad at the equiptment be mad at the network.

With TiVo, you stop watching what was on TV and move past the necking... :doh::D

Then you can go back to watching what you were watching, without skipping a beat. :doh:

CW

So I was away on vacation this past week and just got back today. Set the VCR to record the Bills-Colts game, only to find out the entire second quarter is replaced with Rich Eisen's ugly mug and the frigging Jacksonvill Jaguars "live camp" update. WTF?

So then as I'm figuring this out I have the NFL Network on in the background today and, well, looky there, the Bills-Colts game is on again. In it's entirety. But it's not on the schedule...it's supposed to be "Inside Training Camp: Colts". I guess this is better than a training camp update for them. WTF?

BTW...looking at the schedule....tonight at 6pm eastern:

"6 p.m. -- NFL Films Presents

Explores the depth of the NFL Films archive with unique perspectives on football's greatest heroes and personalities as well as its history, humanity and humor. Buffalo Blues stories include: Bledsoe, Buffalo, Kalsu, Birth of the AFL."

Looks like some decent Buffalo stuff.

"6 p.m. -- NFL Films Presents

Explores the depth of the NFL Films archive with unique perspectives on football's greatest heroes and personalities as well as its history, humanity and humor. Buffalo Blues stories include: Bledsoe, Buffalo, Kalsu, Birth of the AFL."

411478[/snapback]

This will probably be interrupted by a report on what TO ate for dinner, followed by an analysis of the tone of his voice when he ordered his food.

Well it doesn't solve having to go to a wedding and recording the game on the 700 channel only to have it get blacked out because the Jets are playing at 4 and CBS has a double header. Then you get home with a 12 pack and some chips, take your pants off to feel more comfortable, and watch nothing but blacked out TV. It doesn't solve anything!

And to make it worse - I was on a 1st "meeting" date for lunch today. We ate in a sports bar and what happens? I look up and see Bills Players on one of the TV screens. I jump up and go over to the wall of TVs. My date thinks I'm a whacko. Someone tells me it's pieces of the Bills vs. Colts pre-season game and it started at 1pm central. I couldn't leave the poor guy just sitting there - so I went back and kept looking over his shoulder for the next 30 minutes.

NFL Network will have to stick to their advertised schedule - this sucks.

:lol:

If wives joined their hubby in this activity, scooting around would disappear, divorce rates would diminish, and marital bliss would be more frequent.  :lol:

411562[/snapback]

Especially if they took their pants off to feel more comfortable while doing so.

Sitting in shorts watching football eating chips and drinking beer is a male heaven. If wives joined their hubby in this activity, scooting around would disappear, divorce rates would diminish, and marital bliss would be more frequent.  :lol:

411562[/snapback]

(Sigh)

I was married to a gal who made football platters every Sunday during the season. I'd make the wings, she'd do the Dagwood/Subs. Maybe make scratch pizza. We'd work together on the other snacks. She went for the ride and bought good beer while I filled the coolers with ice, moved the TV to the back yard and worked the wing sauce. Then, we'd kick back and enjoy the football. Fun times.