Anyone else try to tune in the game?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't had a chance to see it yet, turned on NFL Com, and though it's listed as NFL pre-season football, there is a live feed from the Jaguars training camp. No Bills game.

410301[/snapback]

Does the NFL get an erection over jags training camp? I swear the NFL network has jags training camp specials on about 15 times a day and now a live feed to jags training camp?

Does the NFL get an erection over jags training camp? I swear the NFL network has jags training camp specials on about 15 times a day and now a live feed to jags training camp?

410304[/snapback]

Instead of the listed football game.

410304[/snapback]

Likely. If you were a reporter, what venue would you like to cover?

a) Jacksonville, FL.

b) Buffalo, NY.

c) Kansas City, MO.

d) Cincinnati, OH.

Be honest.

<_<

a) Jacksonville, FL.

b) Buffalo, NY.

c) Kansas City, MO.

d) Cincinnati, OH.

Be honest.

<_<

410322[/snapback]

maybe during the season, but not during TC when its 95+ and heat index of 110 here in florida everyday!

maybe during the season, but not during TC when its 95+ and heat index of 110 here in florida everyday!

410345[/snapback]

The highpoint (as I was turning it off) was a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing while an assistant coach pushed a garbage can around. The homer commentators were remarking that you didn't want to run these big guys around in the heat.

If they are going to pull this crap, they shouldn't issue programming guidance.

a) Jacksonville, FL.

b) Buffalo, NY.

c) Kansas City, MO.

d) Cincinnati, OH.

Be honest.

:)

410322[/snapback]

Definately not c). The Chiefs aren't even there to cover during training camp, their in River Falls, WI. 0:)

My wife and I had dinner in River Falls (we live about 5 minutes from there), and we were seated right next to five KC players. No idea who they were though... This other family came in and gawked at the players the entire night. <_< They must be used to it though, because they didn't seem to pay it any attention. I was embarassed for the gawking family... Football players are people too!

Of course if it was Spikes, Moulds, Fletcher, and McGahee sitting there, maybe I'd think differently... Then again, probably not. *shrug*

CW

Weren't they slightly larger than the normal customer? <_<

410363[/snapback]

Yes; I meant I didn't know WHO they were, other than football players. :) (ie: was that Trent Green? Priest Holmes? No clue...)

CW

I hadn't had a chance to see it yet, turned on NFL Com, and though it's listed as NFL pre-season football, there is a live feed from the Jaguars training camp. No Bills game.

410301[/snapback]

Yeah, it pissed me off. They showed the first quarter and then went to a bunch of BS.

Does the NFL get an erection over jags training camp?

Must be!

So, now they pick up the game at the end of the third quarter. Why bother?

410356[/snapback]

To waste time! Did you see how they jumped around? I saw at least two punt returns (Bills) and no Bills O? after they came back from the break , the Colts had the ball back??? Just cutting film to fill in time.

The lack of respect continues......

Jeff

The lack of respect continues......

410670[/snapback]

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but did you watch any other preseason games? I'd guess that they cut stuff out from those as well...

And if they didn't, the only reason we got cut up was because our game was over 4 hours long if I recall... <_<

CW

How dare they claim to show all the games when they stopped the Bills/Colts game at the start of the 2nd quarter to show BREAKING NEWS of LIVE Titans training camp. First they spent 15-20 minutes talking about about TO; then they show the guys at Titans training camp stretching! And then they cut camp to show some chump walking thru the Titans players parking lot comparing their whips, rides, and wheels. Then they FINALLY come back to the Bills game with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter and promising to re-air game today at 2. What a load of crock! I actually left work 30 minutes early to watch this game and they pull this stunt? Instead of showing all those replays of Total Access I'm sure they could fit that Titans BS somewhere else in their schedule! They should apologize to eveyrbody for false advertisement and listing; if you are not going to show it don't list it!

How dare they claim to show all the games when they stopped the Bills/Colts game at the start of the 2nd quarter to show BREAKING NEWS of LIVE Titans training camp. First they spent 15-20 minutes talking about about TO; then they show the guys at Titans training camp stretching! And then they cut camp to show some chump walking thru the Titans players parking lot comparing their whips, rides, and wheels. Then they FINALLY come back to the Bills game with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter and promising to re-air game today at 2. What a load of crock! I actually left work 30 minutes early to watch this game and they pull this stunt? Instead of showing all those replays of Total Access I'm sure they could fit that Titans BS somewhere else in their schedule! They should apologize to eveyrbody for false advertisement and listing; if you are not going to show it don't list it!

410741[/snapback]

One word: TiVo

I took vacation time to leave work early. Raced home and got there in time to see the Jags. WTF?? So I waited a few minutes, figured I had been screwed and then decided to turn it off and go cut the grass instead.

Now you tell me that they showed parts of the Bills Colts game?? Please join me in sending ugly e-mails of complaint to NFL network.

That's just not right. :D

I took vacation time to leave work early. Raced home and got there in time to see the Jags. WTF?? So I waited a few minutes, figured I had been screwed and then decided to turn it off and go cut the grass instead. 

Now you tell me that they showed parts of the Bills Colts game?? Please join me in sending ugly e-mails of complaint to NFL network.

That's just not right.  :D

410820[/snapback]

I'll say it to you to:

TiVo

People need to stop being slaves to their TVs and do things on THEIR schedule instead. Burning vacation time for TV would suck. Eating dinner in front of the TV sucks. Having to rush home to watch a show instead of having fun with friends sucks. TiVo fixes all that.

It's the 21st century, peoiple. :doh:

CW

NO.  That's letting them get away with it. 

They should stick to what they planned to show.

410824[/snapback]

Like when they interupt prime time to show you that a storm in coming? No different, and will never change. Networks are allowed to change programming for any reason.

For $5/month (if you have DirecTV) or $12/month (if you buy a standalone) or a one-time fee (not sure the amount, standalone only), you can avoid all of it.

Isn't your vacation time worth more than $5/month? That's only 16 cents a day!!! :D

CW