growing pains...

eball

i'm tired of reading all the articles that predict "growing pains" for the bills this season with losman at QB.

what about all of the "grown-up pains" we suffered through the last two seasons with bledsoe at the helm?

i'll say it until i'm blue in the face -- i will be shocked if the combination of losman/holcomb does not perform at a higher level this year than bledsoe did in 2004.

i'm tired of reading all the articles that predict "growing pains" for the bills this season with losman at QB.

what about all of the "grown-up pains" we suffered through the last two seasons with bledsoe at the helm?

i'll say it until i'm blue in the face -- i will be shocked if the combination of losman/holcomb does not perform at a higher level this year than bledsoe did in 2004.

409900[/snapback]

Define "higher level." More wins? More touchdowns? What?

CW

Define "higher level."  More wins?  More touchdowns?  What?

CW

409907[/snapback]

more points from the offense. fewer turnovers by the QB. higher efficiency rating (i.e., QB rating). hopefully, that translates into more wins.

Thank you.....These guys talk about JP, and his mobility and his cockiness and then refere to Drew as a statue, the game has passed him, QB. Now how does this equate to growing pains for the Buffalo Bills?

Don't worry though, when the Bills start winning (as they should) they will become the media darlings, and all will be good, the media will tell us how they called JP mobil and cocky...err...confident and we'll see Bills players on "Bills-Cam" everynight on the NFL Network.

Exactly. JP will struggle at times. But how could you be more inept than Bledsoe last year. The bar is very very very low.

409925[/snapback]

It's not so low that Jp couldn't do worse. A lot worse. You ever watch the Dolphins the last couple of years?

It's not so low that Jp couldn't do worse. A lot worse.  You ever watch the Dolphins the last couple of years?

409939[/snapback]

if losman plays every game this season as he did saturday night -- in a performance you called "poor" -- he will have a QB rating of 87 and outperform bledsoe by leaps and bounds.

if losman plays every game this season as he did saturday night -- in a performance you called "poor" -- he will have a QB rating of 87 and outperform bledsoe by leaps and bounds.

409945[/snapback]

But if he plays that way against defenses that have 11 starters playing, instead only 4 for the 1st series his QB rating would have been 8.7 not 87.

Define "higher level."  More wins?  More touchdowns?  What?

CW

409907[/snapback]

Higher level, over a 76 QB rating would be nice, which seemed to be

a career level for Bledsoe.

But if he plays that way against defenses that have 11 starters playing, instead only 4 for the 1st series his QB rating would have been 8.7 not 87.

409955[/snapback]

pure conjecture and speculation on your part. by the way, how did bledsoe do against the vanilla defense he faced saturday night? <_<

pure conjecture and speculation on your part.  by the way, how did bledsoe do against the vanilla defense he faced saturday night?  <_<

409975[/snapback]

Don't know, didn't watch the game, but he isn't with the Bills anymore and it wasn't one of the televised night games that I was watching.

Don't know, didn't watch the game, but he isn't with the Bills anymore and it wasn't one of the televised night games that I was watching.

409979[/snapback]

ahh, but his performance is relevant, because you are one of many who clamored for the bills to keep bledsoe this season and allow JP to further "develop."

more points from the offense.  fewer turnovers by the QB.  higher efficiency rating (i.e., QB rating).  hopefully, that translates into more wins.

409915[/snapback]

I can't honestly say I predict less turnovers from the Bills offense, maybe less sacks, but the way J.P. performs under real game pressure is yet to be seen. He's a rookie, and rookies make mistakes, except Ben Roethlisberger.