Losman's confidence shook

Justice

How about shaken not stirred...someone else in the thread mentioned shattered...

The only thing that will probably shatter is the paper thin positive image some folks have of JP the first time he !@#$s up in a regular season game....

What do:

Jim Kelly

Steve Young

Joe Montana

Bart Starr

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

John Elway

Troy Aikman

All have in common....they have all !@#$ed up and cost their teams games....

even in their primes..its the nature of the position--high risk/high potential for !@#$ up/high potential for adulation. 

The only way to evaluate JP's status as star or pretender is over time.....two seasons as a starter is a fair timeframe to me--others may have a much shorter or longer timeframes.

409450[/snapback]

Believe it or not, my time frame is the same as yours.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, my time frame is the same as yours.

409452[/snapback]

The majority opinion was get rid of Drew, get someone who is younger, more mobile, with more upside and more potential to take us to the playoffs on a regular basis and possibly beyond....well -- we got it...maybe we should take some time to watch and see if it happens rather than play Freud with every drive...

Not aimed at you B--but when it comes to JP, TBD has paralysis by analysis...Just have fun with this.....

I love how the kid is supposed to come in and not make any mistakes. And as soon as he makes a bad throw he sucks all of a sudden. If JPs confidence was shaken and or shattered why was he able to throw a beautiful pass to Evans in the end zone last night at the practice?? He will shake off his mistake (and he will make them this year) and get back up and play football. If he does not pan out then he doesnt, but I think ill let him fail before I throw him under the bus.

The JP Losman I saw talking with a sideline reporter in the 3rdQ of the Colts game was loose, smiling, and looking like he was having a pretty good time.  Obviously a cry for help!

PTR

409465[/snapback]

Drew either needs a hug or a pee pee session with Rockpile....you know a pee pee session with the Rock is akin to the old father/son lifesavers commercials...

Drew needs to take RESPONSIBILITY for his ACTIONS and face the CONSEQUENCES..like a MAN

All of us heard all of the stories. JPL studied and worked his tail off all offseason. He knew he was ready and had high expectations. I believed in him.

This all stems from the first day of training camp practice. JP didn't play as well as he thought he would and IHMO he took that way too hard and now it's affecting his play.

Why do I think his confidence is shook, you ask? MM told JP to keep his emotions in check earlier in camp and his eratic play in practices, the scrimmage and the first exhibition game are my evidence. One minute he stinks up the joint the next minute he looks like a baller.

I was and still am, confident that JP will play well this season. But I have to admit, I don't trust him as much now, as I did before.

Don't get me wrong. The guy isn't DOOMED. JPL can still overcome his mental issues with one great preseason performance. Like I said before, JPL is a highly emotional guy. He started of the scrimmage great and then one thing went wrong and he fell apart. He didn't look well in the beginning of the game and then he got hot.

MM has his work cut out for himself with this kid. It's gonna be a roller-coaster type season. I hope you enjoy the show!

409222[/snapback]

He's a rookie!!! :lol: Seriously, what did you expect from him? The playoffs!!! :D

But he didn't turn the ball over,

So when exactly did he stink up the joint?  :D

409249[/snapback]

DING DING DING!!!!!!!! Right Answer. Dam, all we talk about is how special this D can be, how our Teams will give us a decided advantage in field position, and please God, just do let JP lose the game for us. The boy has not turned the ball over yet in about a games worth of plays. But, and its a big but, IT IS ONLY PRESEASON. If he was lighting it up or stinking the joint out, IT IS ONLY PRESEAON.

Lets see how he does September 11th , 18th, 25th October 9th etc before anykind of judgements are made

I think that some people have missed their calling in life and should be pro player personnel scouts.

I am absolutely amazed at ability of people on this board that are able to predict the future of a player that has played three quarters in in one pre-season game.

You can't teach that.

:D

I think that some people have missed their calling in life and should be pro player personnel scouts.   

I am absolutely amazed at ability of people on this board that are able to predict the future of a player that has played three quarters in in one pre-season game.

You can't teach that.

:lol:

409671[/snapback]

Plus about 12 quarters last preseason and about 5 quarters during the regular season. :D

Holy crap. JP just threw two ducks in row in seven on seven. He cussed loudly enough for Sister Mary Dogood sitting in the front row of the bleachers to hear him. He is done..he immediately went into the fetal position sucking his thumb and Dorenbos came over and peed on him..film at 11...

If this was week 1 in the regular season I wouldn't be panicking. It was his 1st preseason game. He threw 1 td and no ints. He did fine. I would have been shocked if he went out there and threw for 300 yds and 5 tds. It was his first game on the road. He will be fine. The preseason will get him ready for the season. Everyone needs to relax.

Plus about 12 quarters last preseason and about 5 quarters during the regular season.  :D

409680[/snapback]

Losman played pretty well in the pre-season last year and I would bet he didn't play a total of one quarter (in minutes) last season, and almost all of that time was to just hand off with the single exception of "the friggin abortion" that was the NE game.

All of us heard all of the stories. JPL studied and worked his tail off all offseason. He knew he was ready and had high expectations. I believed in him.

This all stems from the first day of training camp practice. JP didn't play as well as he thought he would and IHMO he took that way too hard and now it's affecting his play.

Why do I think his confidence is shook, you ask? MM told JP to keep his emotions in check earlier in camp and his eratic play in practices, the scrimmage and the first exhibition game are my evidence. One minute he stinks up the joint the next minute he looks like a baller.

I was and still am, confident that JP will play well this season. But I have to admit, I don't trust him as much now, as I did before.

Don't get me wrong. The guy isn't DOOMED. JPL can still overcome his mental issues with one great preseason performance. Like I said before, JPL is a highly emotional guy. He started of the scrimmage great and then one thing went wrong and he fell apart. He didn't look well in the beginning of the game and then he got hot.

MM has his work cut out for himself with this kid. It's gonna be a roller-coaster type season. I hope you enjoy the show!

409222[/snapback]

what? 0:)<_<

Holy crap.  JP just threw two ducks in row in seven on seven.  He cussed loudly enough for Sister Mary Dogood sitting in the front row of the bleachers to hear him.  He is done..he immediately went into the fetal position sucking his thumb and Dorenbos came over and peed on him..film at 11...

409691[/snapback]

<_<0:):D

I tell you what, he already looks better than friggin Kyle Boller!

409343[/snapback]

Hell, and he definitely looked better than Bledsoe. I thought he looked pretty good for his first full half as a pro. He does not have to win games for us, he just has to not lose them. As he "calms down" which I read as when the game slows down for him, he will be a good QB with a potential for greatness. All-in-all, I saw enough on Monday (when I got to see the game) to feel good about our potential this season.

I wanted to reply to this insane nonsense, but that would make my head hurt...

JP's a rookie, hjes gonna make mistakes, and chances are hes gonna cost us some games...but its all part of a learning process...1 preseason game doesnt make an MVP, nor does it washout a career...

Losman played pretty well in the pre-season last year and I would bet he didn't play a total of one quarter (in minutes) last season, and almost all of that time was to just hand off with the single exception of "the friggin abortion" that was the NE game.

409716[/snapback]

I felt that JP saw a significant amount of PT last year and put that time to good use. I'm not sure what the minutes add up to, but even without the mop-up time in NE my guess it amounted to more than a quarter's worth.

I was quite pleased with the amount of time MM was able to give to JP last year and I think he demonstrably learned some necessary lessons from that time and progressed as a player.

First outing- NE game where he logged a good small chunk of time since Drew sucked so bad the mop-up came early enough for JP to get multiple series. Was his confidence shattered (as ICE seemed to fear) by being thrown to the wolves here? No, not at all.

However, was our hero shaken? It sure looked like it to me in the post-game interviews where thankfully he did not make excuses for some piss-poor results (he easily could have done this) but simply admitted his results sucked and he had to work harder to get better. MM made a good call and realized that he needed to be shaken and jerked around a bit in order to appropriately adjust his attitude (one would think Vincent giving him too hard of a shove as he took advantage of the QB practice tutu would have done it. JP seemed to learn a valuable lesson that anytime you put on the uniform you have got to be ready to play.

Losman sees 4:36 time of action.

2nd outing- JP comes in and right away it is clear he does not yet have command of the huddle or the ability to efficiently call plays as the Bills are hit with a delay of game penalty. On the good side though he recovers enough to correctly call the plays and hand off to WM for a TD. One should not underestimate the importance of the team having success under his guidance even if WM did the work. In fact, learning the lesson that the team can get good results by JP relying on WM rather than simply having sole confidence in relying on himself is a great lesson and something he needs to become the vet we want.

Losman saw a bit over 9 minutes of game action in an extended mop-up.

3rd outing- JP showed he was learning by not getting the delay of game this time, but still showed he had a lot to learn as he stll did not get the play called effectively and avoided the penalty when he called a TO when his job was really to keep the clock moving. The very good news was how he played in this extended outing. He not only ran for a 1st on 3rd down to keep the clock moving, but also hit a key pass to Trafford in this series to move the ball. Again he successfully led the team to a TD. He did show that his confidence in himself could still come down a notch in order to be a good QB as after he picked up the first he put his head down and took a hit to ram ahead for a couple of yards. Its nice to see that he has the confidence in his post-injury body to take punishment, but there was no game need for him to take any punishment here.

Losman was in fr 9:22 clock time

4th outing-An extended set as Losman QBs most of the 4th quarter in this laugher at SF. Again he leads the team to an effective performance with Shaud Williams pulling off a long run for a TD in JPs first series and carrying the load as we burned a lot of clock in the second series.

The bottomline is that JP actually saw a bit over a half of action last year and though his confidence was certainly shaken (by intent it appears by MM and by both his post performance comments and his later game performances) it was far from shattered as he took this attitude adjustment well and played more effectively as he dialed it down a notch or so.

Losman saw over 13 minutes of game clock,