To Defeat your enemy, you must become your enemy

Living in Patsieland, I see more than I care to of Team Perfect. But I am seeing many similarities between this year's Bills and the Pats:

- Developing more interchangable parts through depth, especially on defense.

- Attacking style of defense, opponent never sure where blitz is coming from.

- Media blackout on injuries and other team information.

JP Losman is not exactly a Tom Brady clone, but both QB's are mobile. If JP can learn to see the field and check off his receivers like Brady, then we will have cloned Team Perfect here on the shores of Lake Erie.

There is one difference between the Bills and Pats, though...Buffalo seems to possess superior special teams. Maybe Team Perfect ain't?

PTR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now all we need is luck...

I don't think you want the Pats' luck. Unless the thought of injuries forcing you to start 40+ different players during the course of the season is somehow appealing to you.

...and the refs in our pocket.

That's the Colts you're thinking of, I believe. You know, the team that got the rules changed to suit their offense?

Oh yes, that's the ONLY difference. :blink:  :lol:  :doh:  :blush:  ;)

408753[/snapback]

Switch our QBs and the Bills would win the division this year, easily. So you can go on thinking there's a huge gap between the two teams, but there's not.

Living in Patsieland, I see more than I care to of Team Perfect.  But I am seeing many similarities between this year's Bills and the Pats:

- Developing more interchangable parts through depth, especially on defense.

- Attacking style of defense, opponent never sure where blitz is coming from.

- Media blackout on injuries and other team information.

JP Losman is not exactly a Tom Brady clone, but both QB's are mobile.  If JP can learn to see the field and check off his receivers like Brady, then we will have cloned Team Perfect here on the shores of Lake Erie. 

There is one difference between the Bills and Pats, though...Buffalo seems to possess superior special teams.  Maybe Team Perfect ain't?

PTR

408734[/snapback]

I don't see the Bills' offense being as vanilla and boring as the Pats' offense. The Pats are the NJ Devils of the NFL...dull, meticulously plodding along following their scheme. Effective, yes. Exciting, hardly. The Bills will be both this year. Let the trolls in.....

Switch our QBs and the Bills would win the division this year, easily.  So you can go on thinking there's a huge gap between the two teams, but there's not.

That's kind of what I was getting at. The Pats are worlds better at the most important position on the field.

But you do have a point. Swap our roster and coaching staff with the Niners - they're Super Bowl-bound.

I don't see the Bills' offense being as vanilla and boring as the Pats' offense.  The Pats are the NJ Devils of the NFL...dull, meticulously plodding along following their scheme.  Effective, yes.  Exciting, hardly.  The Bills will be both this year.  Let the trolls in.....

I thought Mularkey was going to take the pressure of of Losman by running McGahee 30 times a game.

That's exciting? :blush:

Regardless, the Pats' "boring" offense was 4th in the NFL in scoring last year and torched the league's best D in the AFCC game, so...I'll take it.

So tell me, Hollywood, when were these two sites established?

I'm not entirely sure. I joined the internet football talk community in late 2000/early 2001, and they were both around then, to my memory.

Before their first Super Bowl win and during an offseason in which they were routinely referred to as the worst team in football, if that's what you're getting at.

I'm not entirely sure.  I joined the internet football talk community in late 2000/early 2001, and they were both around then, to my memory.

Before their first Super Bowl win and during an offseason in which they were routinely referred to as the worst team in football, if that's what you're getting at.

408780[/snapback]

And yet you decided to come here instead.

Your point?

The Bills and Pats both have very passionate fans who make very nice fan sites. I think we've established that.

In addition to the fan sites, the KFFL boards are dominated by Pats fans, and have been since they were the MouthOff boards (in the '90s).

This "mine is bigger than yours" contest is getting a little old, especially since they're essentially the same size.