OT - Can someone record last week and next week

Im still waiting for Beta to make a comeback, I've got a top loading Radio Shack Beta player for a steal!!!

408842[/snapback]

I went to a Best Buy Magnolia (Best Buy with a Home Theater store inside), and I actually saw a record player for sale, and it was $129. Didn't know they still made those...

My parents still have one, as well as an 8-Track player. Don't think they use it much/at all, but still.

CW

I went to a Best Buy Magnolia (Best Buy with a Home Theater store inside), and I actually saw a record player for sale, and it was $129.  Didn't know they still made those...

My parents still have one, as well as an 8-Track player.  Don't think they use it much/at all, but still.

CW

408846[/snapback]

I've often heard that audiophiles (with great ears) claim that analog vinyl is superior to any digital technology. I've recently read the same about CRT tv sets.

I've often heard that audiophiles (with great ears) claim that analog vinyl is superior to any digital technology.  I've recently read the same about CRT tv sets.

408862[/snapback]

I've heard that too, but I don't buy it...

CRT sets, on the other hand, do have a lot of advantages over LCD/DLP/Plasma. The biggest disadvantage is their size.

CW

I've heard that too, but I don't buy it...

CRT sets, on the other hand, do have a lot of advantages over LCD/DLP/Plasma.  The biggest disadvantage is their size.

CW

408867[/snapback]

I tend to...analog is a continuum, like the music itself. But I certainly coudln't detect it with my ears.

I bought a flat-screen 20" Toshiba CRT last year, and recently bought another for my den. Quite an improvement. I bought the 1st one to replace a conventional unit that was 2 years old that went blooey. My fault..it was made in China; I've learned to get consumer electronic stuff made in Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, Thailand or Malaysia...