Rashad Baker - Is his roster spot in jeopardy?

brihs2005

I talked him up in the off-season as i really liked what i saw from him last year at the safety position. I figured he was going to make the roster again without question this year and give us the opportunity to move TV back to corner if he couldn't hack it at Free Safety (i didn't think it would happen, but i liked having the option). But i have not heard anything about him in any TC report, any mention from the coaches, didn't see him in the scrimmage, and the only time i saw him tonight was slapping up Greer after his INT.

What has happened to Baker? Has he fallen off the star i placed him on after last season? Will the UDFA out of Tennessee be replaced by another UDFA out of Wisconsin?

I like what i have seen from Leonhard, wish i could have seen him actually return a kick tonight?

I think two will survive out of Wire, Baker, and Leonhard. While i think Wire may be the one to go, i am worried the man wearing the big TWO SIX will get DEEP SIXED by the coaches?

Any thoughts?

practice squad is always an option for leonhard........

407022[/snapback]

That is where he will likely end up. The guy is definitely a player and he showed very well last night, too. Baker made one excellent play that I recall and will probably remain with the team as Vincent's back-up. One thing they are not going to do is cut Coy Wire (although he officially stinks) and keep Leonhard instead. Leonhard and Baker play free safety exclusively and Coy plays strong safety. Baker and Leonhard could probably not play strong safety in this defense, and perhaps any defense.