Bills - Colts: stuff to watch.....

Lori

Or, reasons not to change the channel once JP heads to the sideline... :D

Bills on offense:

-Although I'm disappointed we won't get to see Roscoe blaze through a mediocre (and nicked up) Colts secondary, his temporary absence will give the other backup WRs an opportunity to prove they deserve a roster spot. Whither Josh Reed? And is George Wilson just another traning-camp-All-Pro, or could he be the one who pushes Reed right off the roster?

-#2 RB. I'm assuming Shaud Williams (wearing #20 now) gets the first shot here, but I like what I've seen so far from #25 Lionel Gates. The way I see it, they're both ahead of #30 ReShard Lee, the FA pickup from Dallas. Joe Burns? If he makes the 53-man roster, it'll be because of his ST work. Just my opinion.

- OL catches a HUGE break, with most of the Colts' best D-linemen sitting this game out. I want to see the Bills consistently blowing the Colts off the line of scrimmage; really, there's no excuse for them NOT to.

Bills on defense:

-Colts have two new starters at G, and their center, TE, and #3-4 WRs are all out for this game. Considering that the Bills have spent most of their practice time ever since OTAs throwing blitzes at Losman, will they bring the house against Peyton the way they did against the Green Bay QBs? If so, I expect backups Jim Sorgi and our old friend Travis Brown to do plenty of scrambling.....

-#3 CB. With Kevin Thomas still sidelined for an unknown amount of time, this could be a crucial decision by the coaching staff - Jabari Greer (#33), or Eric King(#29)? Greer has been steady, but I really like what I've seen from King. Or, could they flip Vincent back outside and bring in Rashad Baker as the nickel back?

Enjoy the game!

Bills on offense:

-Although I'm disappointed we won't get to see Roscoe blaze through a mediocre (and nicked up) Colts secondary, his temporary absence will give the other backup WRs an opportunity to prove they deserve a roster spot. Whither Josh Reed? And is George Wilson just another traning-camp-All-Pro, or could he be the one who pushes Reed right off the roster?

Good question; I haven't noticed Wilson yet. I'll have to watch for him.

-#2 RB. I'm assuming Shaud Williams (wearing #20 now) gets the first shot here, but I like what I've seen so far from #25 Lionel Gates. The way I see it, they're both ahead of #30 ReShard Lee, the FA pickup from Dallas. Joe Burns? If he makes the 53-man roster, it'll be because of his ST work. Just my opinion.

I think you're right on this. I'm not sure where R Lee fits in. Hasn't looked any better than Burns to me so far, but I only recall a couple plays.

- OL catches a HUGE break, with most of the Colts' best D-linemen sitting this game out. I want to see the Bills consistently blowing the Colts off the line of scrimmage; really, there's no excuse for them NOT to.

For this week, this is much more DISAPPOINTING than missing Roscoe to me. I was really eager to see how they dealt with: defensive end Dwight Freeney (shoulder), defensive end Raheem Brock (hip), defensive tackle Josh Williams (sports hernia), defensive tackle Montae Reagor (groin), cornerback Donald Strickland (groin), cornerback Nick Harper (foot). Dang right they should dominate whoever's left to play. I want to see some pancakes goin' on!

Bills on defense:

-Colts have two new starters at G, and their center, TE, and #3-4 WRs are all out for this game. Considering that the Bills have spent most of their practice time ever since OTAs throwing blitzes at Losman, will they bring the house against Peyton the way they did against the Green Bay QBs? If so, I expect backups Jim Sorgi and our old friend Travis Brown to do plenty of scrambling.....

The D is going to blow these guys up.

-#3 CB. With Kevin Thomas still sidelined for an unknown amount of time, this could be a crucial decision by the coaching staff - Jabari Greer (#33), or Eric King(#29)? Greer has been steady, but I really like what I've seen from King. Or, could they flip Vincent back outside and bring in Rashad Baker as the nickel back?

I thought Vincent's move was permanent. Haven't watched much of King; I only recall noticing him on a blitz.

Enjoy the game!

I always enjoy seeing the Bills play, but man, the Colt's DL being out just kills me. Oh well, crawl/walk/run I guess. Probably better for JP not to have Freeney all over him at this point anyway. I haven't seen anything except the scrimmage, so I will watch every minute of it.

For those of us who can not see the game tonight (no local viewing available), it is scheduled to be on the NFL Network Monday 10 AM Eastern time.

If you are lucky enough to get the NFL Network, of course.

It's great that they manage to show ALL the pre-season games during the following week.

Lori Posted Today, 02:09 PM

Or, reasons not to change the channel once JP heads to the sideline...

Bills on offense:

I still think that Josh Reed will still make the roster even if Parrish was'nt injured.

You could be right about George Wilson, he looked good in the scrimmage, and could be the wildcard of his position.

It will be a dogfight between Williams & Gates the rest of the way. ReShard Lee should'nt be counted out though. It's only a matter of time until Joe Burns is cut.

No doubt, the Bills O-Line had better dominate in this area. This will be very telling for all of us if anyone has a bad day here.

Bills on defense:

We all know our first teamers will look great, I am far more interested in seeing how our 2nd & 3rd stringers look.

Very interesting here. I'm sure that Greer, King, & Baker will get their chances tonight. Who will standout the most is anyone's guess.

Enjoy the game!

Same to you Lori. I'll enjoy it more if the local sports bar here is able to find the coverage on their sattelite.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!