jim kelly/nascar

Corp000085

i would like to get the chance to hear jim talk about hunter's hope today before the busch nascar race today. I've tivo'd the race on nbc, and something called "nascar live" on speed channel before the race. My question is to nascar fans, as i'm definitely NOT (i'm eurotrash. i watch f1). Is that show on speed the "official" pre-race show, or is there something different? there's nothing on the guide on tnt or nbc before 2pm, so i assume that the thing on speed is the only one.

That being said, i'm really interested to hear what kelly has to say, as making a public appearance at a nascar race right after your kid's funeral is a touchy subject to say the least.

bump.

JK did show up. After a 2 hour rain delay (which now rates below watching nascar on my scale of least enjoyable things to pass the time). He pointed to the sky and said "this one's for hunter", then gave the command. I couldn't stomach watching through the race to see if he made it to the booth to discuss, but it was nice to see. Beforehand, the driver for kelly's team gave some great words about the family, hunter, and hunter's hope. made me choke up.

bump.

JK did show up.  After a 2 hour rain delay (which now rates below watching nascar on my scale of least enjoyable things to pass the time).  He pointed to the sky and said "this one's for hunter", then gave the command.  I couldn't stomach watching through the race to see if he made it to the booth to discuss, but it was nice to see.  Beforehand, the driver for kelly's team gave some great words about the family, hunter, and hunter's hope.  made me choke up.

407497[/snapback]

THAT'S RANDY LAJOIE...2-time former series champion...not just "the driver."

I cant find that car,but this is the link with a pic of the car he ran this past weekend at the Glen.

http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../508130313/1105

408456[/snapback]

That's the picture I wanted to see. I was wondering if it was a whole hood decal, or just a smaller one that they sometimes use in addition to the primary sponser.