Terrell Owens is going to get tan

mckenzie hired rosenhaus last off-season, forced a trade, and then got his new deal this off-season well in advance of the expiration of his old contract.........point rosenhaus.....

just remembered another one -- boldin hired rosenhaus this off-season, threatened a holdout, showed up and got his extension........another guy with two years left on his old contract........another point for rosenhaus.......

So just 1 new client got a new deal out of the many he promised them to, and the number of players who created bad blood with their new teams far outweighs in number and bad sentiment the few successes he's had. And I'm sure the inordinate amount of time he has to spend with TO isn't rubbing his other clients the right way.

So just 1 new client got a new deal out of the many he promised them to, and the number of players who created bad blood with their new teams far outweighs in number and bad sentiment the few successes he's had.  And I'm sure the inordinate amount of time he has to spend with TO isn't rubbing his other clients the right way.

407190[/snapback]

i fail to see how this all adds up to his "biggest nightmare"......he got two guys contracts early, which is an accomplishment for any agent........i could see if he got no extensions done, but name me another agent who got 2 players new contracts this off-season two years before the expiration of their deals..........

who are the "number of player who created bad blood with their new teams"? i see javon, owens, and that is about it.......sean taylor, but that has nothing to do with rosenhaus........anyone else?

the time he is spending with TO obviously isn't hurting his status with other players -- he's got the most clients in the league........a lot of players probably love the way he's handling the TO issue, which could attract even more clients.........

... The pay stuff is not my issue, and people still blow that way out of proportion as well. Yes Owens was signed for 7 years 49 million, However anyone with an iota of common sense realizes Owens will never see all 7 years and 49 million of that contract. Philly signed Owens for the sole purpose of getting to and winning  a superbowl. Owens is worried about getting cut by Philly after this season, and never seeing even half of the money his contract specifies. Yes I realize he still makes more money than any of us, and he should just honor it, but in terms of current nfl wr's Owens is not even among the top 10 highest paid, which he should be.  Yes even owens admits  "HE LOVES ME SOME ME"  but it's hardly a reason to wish someone to drown and far from being the biggest !@#$ in the national football league.

406694[/snapback]

I'm not sure I believe any of that. How do we decide who is the highest paid players? The other guys with 'higher contracts' are also never going to see their full deals either.

So lets look at cash paid. If TO honored his contract this year that would have meant he collected to date (because of the bonus) $12 million over 2 years. That's not just top 10 money, it is (I heard on the radio, not sure what numbers they are using) #3.

NFL salary figures can be skewed many ways and there might be a formula in which Owens doesn’t make the top 10. But in 2005 salary alone, here are the top five according to the Players Association list:

Randy Moss, Oakland, $8.630 million.

Marvin Harrison, Indianapolis, $8.08 million.

Isaac Bruce, St. Louis, $7.64 million.

Eric Moulds, Buffalo $7.245 million.

Terrell Owens, Philadelphia, $7.243 million.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8929083/

i fail to see how this all adds up to his "biggest nightmare"......he got two guys contracts early, which is an accomplishment for any agent........i could see if he got no extensions done, but name me another agent who got 2 players new contracts this off-season two years before the expiration of their deals..........

who are the "number of player who created bad blood with their new teams"? i see javon, owens, and that is about it.......sean taylor, but that has nothing to do with rosenhaus........anyone else?

the time he is spending with TO obviously isn't hurting his status with other players -- he's got the most clients in the league........a lot of players probably love the way he's handling the TO issue, which could attract even more clients.........

Owens is a HUGE black eye for him. Then there was Walker who endeared himself to no one, and Grady Jackson. Again McKenzie was never a threat to holdout and was a client dating to last year, and Boldin ultimately ended-up accepting a lower-than-market deal, probably because of his injury issues, and that's why it got done fast. Put it this way, it's NOT a contract that would have had others take notice and say "I want that guy representing me." This was a much-needed wakeup call for Rosensleaze and hopefully he'll think twice before throwing around the "h" word in the future.

Word is that he was at the Ravens-Falcons game last night.

Link

He's back in camp on 17 August, but I really don't see how his antics (and his antics to come) have inspired confidence from his teammates and QB. More or less, he's burned all of his bridges in Philly. And most other teams probably don't want to deal with his big contract and more importantly, his schtick.