Bad News Bears

Zona

Rex Grossman fractured his left ankle early in tonights game. He is expected to miss 3-4 months according to the NFL network guys covering the game...

He has started exactly 6 games over the last 2 seasons, and now this. The only other Qb's on the roster are Chad hutchinson and R- Kyle Orton.

Sux to be a Bears Fan tonight....

See--I knew we should have hung on to Bledsoe until now...damn TD... :D:) We could have recouped that first round pick..

I wouldn't be too quick to slam the Bears on this topic..since durability is still a big question for JP...

Grossman is made out of cheap glass. Missed most of his first year with a bad finger, missed most of his second year with a torn knee ligament and now he will miss almost all of his third year with fractured ankle. They pay this guy a full salary for three games a year. Rex, find a job more suited to your fragile condition. If he comes back next year, I wouldn't let him practice or play until the regular season started.

Kyle "Cowboy Bob" Orton looks like he will be a good QB- next year. Bears are screwed by not getting a veteran QB.

Rex Grossman is softer than Tissue paper. I think they should just start to develop Kyle Orton now. They're a young team who can afford to take their bruises, but I think Orton has the skills to develop into a pretty good quaterback over time.

406338[/snapback]

God, what a shame. I really thought Grossman would turn out to be a very good NFL QB. I can't say that I know a lot about Orton, although the draft experts seemed to think he had some potential. Don't know why, I have always kind of liked the Bears. Other than Jim McMahon, they really have had dreck at QB for the last 30 years. I suppose Harbaugh and Krammer had their moments. That sucks, if you are a fan of a team, and you know, week one of preseason, what very small chance you had at a decent season, is likely gone...

This happened in the 2nd quarter.  He really shouldn't have been in there that late in the game.  Especially during the second preseason game with three left to go.  Blame Lovie.  :D

406379[/snapback]

i hope you're being sarcastic, because that's a ridiculous statement. grossman needed to get playing time and develop a rhythm w/ the offense, just as losman needs to do here. if you don't think JP will be playing in the 2nd quarter in the bills' 2nd preseason game, you're fooling yourself.

This happened in the 2nd quarter.  He really shouldn't have been in there that late in the game.  Especially during the second preseason game with three left to go.  Blame Lovie.  :D

It was probably inevitable anyway. Better to happen this early in pre-season so they can get the next guy as many reps as possible.

i hope you're being sarcastic, because that's a ridiculous statement.  grossman needed to get playing time and develop a rhythm w/ the offense, just as losman needs to do here.  if you don't think JP will be playing in the 2nd quarter in the bills' 2nd preseason game, you're fooling yourself.

406380[/snapback]

Nothing to do with JP at all. You develop most of your rtyhm with your offense during practice. Rex has like 6 or 7 NFL regular season games under his belt already from the previous years. He has been in the league for three years. He knows the playbook like the back of his hand. I do agree that Losman needs the practice or experience but not past the first quarter not yet. Not until the offensive line has had more time to gel or else JP might get carted off the field the same as Grossman.

Rex Grossman fractured his left ankle early in tonights game. He is expected to miss 3-4 months according to the NFL network guys covering the game...

He has started exactly 6 games over the last 2 seasons, and now this. The only other Qb's on the roster are Chad hutchinson and R- Kyle Orton. 

Sux to be a Bears Fan tonight....

406332[/snapback]

I know, I just saw that on ESPN. Ever wonder why some guys are more injury pronbe than others, and its always different injuries. Like, Rob Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr, Grossman, Ricky Williams.