Sapranos

Mile High

Sopranos News NEW!

HBO announced today that in addition to THE SOPRANOS' upcoming sixth season, which will include 12 episodes, HBO will produce an additional eight bonus episodes, to debut in January 2007.

The sixth season will air in March of 2006.

Sopranos News NEW! 

HBO announced today that in addition to THE SOPRANOS' upcoming sixth season, which will include 12 episodes, HBO will produce an additional eight bonus episodes, to debut in January 2007.

The sixth season will air in March of 2006.

406252[/snapback]

I hope they arent just doing this for the $$$. The production company apparently went to HBO after filming for next season had been completed. They told HBO that they had enough footage for another season. That could be good, or it could be slop. I hope they didn't pick footage up from the cutting room floor and decide to piece together additional episodes.

I hope they arent just doing this for the $$$.  The production company apparently went to HBO after filming for next season had been completed.  They told HBO that they had enough footage for another season.  That could be good, or it could be slop.  I hope they didn't pick footage up from the cutting room floor and decide to piece together additional episodes.

406289[/snapback]

Where did you hear that from? I am not doubting you, just curious. I had heard that early on, when shooting began for the sixth season, HBO execs had approached Chase about doing another, 7th season. It was known, apparently, by the execs, that Chase had dithced a few storyline ideas that he had wanted to explore, because there just wasn't enough time. The "hitch" in doing more shows was the committment of cast memebers to other projects.

The way the "Sopranos" is written, I would be very surprised if they just piece-mealed extra episodes together, using scrapped footage....

I'm hoping that we finally hear what happened to the Russian goon Walnuts and Christopher tried to ditch in the woods...  :D

406349[/snapback]

I'm wondering about Fierio. What hte hell happened to THAT guy. He just disappeared!

Where did you hear that from?  I am not doubting you, just curious.  I had heard that early on, when shooting began for the sixth season, HBO execs had approached Chase about doing another, 7th season.  It was known, apparently, by the execs, that Chase had dithced a few storyline ideas that he had wanted to explore, because there just wasn't enough time.  The "hitch" in doing more shows was the committment of cast memebers to other projects. 

The way the "Sopranos" is written, I would be very surprised if they just piece-mealed extra episodes together, using scrapped footage....

406331[/snapback]

According to Fox News this morning. I don't really mean scrapped footage, but what it sounds like is one episode has enough footage to get 1.5 episodes so the keep footage they would not have had time for etc.

I'm wondering about Fierio.  What hte hell happened to THAT guy.  He just disappeared!

406360[/snapback]

Remember hearing in one episode, T had him "dispatched" back to Italy to "keep watch on the family" after T heard Carmela had the hots for him...

Or something like that...

Remember hearing in one episode, T had him "dispatched" back to Italy to "keep watch on the family" after T heard Carmela had the hots for him...

406371[/snapback]

Yeah but at the last episode of the fourth season it showed him and Tony standing in front of a helicopter blade. Tony then took a step behind him and then the scene cut.... Then he wasn't even in the fifth season.

But yeah I do remember him saying that.

406371[/snapback]

Actually, they showed what happened to Furio. He went back to Italy for his father's funeral. While there, he confided to elder "family" member that he was in love with a woman, who was too good for her husband, but that it was one of his bosses' wives. The elder gentlemen told him that he should not pursue it, if he did, somebody would die. Furio then decided to move back to Italy...the reference about having him "dispatched", I think, was supposed to indicate that, after Carmella admitted to Tony that she had fantacized about Furio, he hadn't forgotten about it. Perhaps he will arrange for their to be some repercussions for Furio, somewhere down the road...we will now have 20 more episodes to wonder what is going to happen. I can't wait...to me, the "Sopranos" is still, hands down, the best thing to happen to television in decades...

I still haven't seen the original episodes of the Sapranos.

406442[/snapback]

If you mean that you haven't seen the first season, get out there man, rent them. I guarantee you will be absolutely hooked by the fourth episode. You may be tempted to watch all 13, back to back, in one sitting, they are that good. The first season stands on its' own as one great, very long, movie...