Oak Tree Falls at PGA Championship

PTS

I live 10 mins from that course.  I have been working on a house across the street from it with my father for the past year before I got an office job.  The amount of preperation that course went thru for this event has been going on for 1 whole year.  This is a very exclusive course.  It has 2 18 hole courses on it.  It costs $100k to join and fees of $50k a year.  It's crazy.  The towns are going nuts for this thing.  The people whos house we were working on are letting cars park all over their yard for $50.  They can get 30 cars on their property a day.  The traffic is horendous.  I am surprised that a limb fell.  They had this course in tip-top shape for this event.  It's crazy.  My father said he had the building inspector/fire cheif at a job yesterday morning.  They were freaking out because people were selling food on their lawns.  THey would set up their own "lunch carts".  It's nuts that these events happen every week.  This one is in a residential area.  It's crazy

406049[/snapback]

My buddy has been there for about eight months now I believe. It's a great gig if you like moving around. He went from Rochester to Nashville to New Jersey in the last three years. He wants out though, wants to come back home to Rochester. They pay him hansomly, give him a free car each year (sponsor's make - so it's any Buick he wants this year). He gets a few months off and goes on to the next gig.

He's at even par for the day with 5 holes to go.  Needs to shoot 2 under to make projected cut line (+4).

406115[/snapback]

not splitting hairs, but TW only needs to go -1 over the final 5 holes. he's currently at +5.

who wants to bet against him making the cut? not i.

My buddy has been there for about eight months now I believe. It's a great gig if you like moving around. He went from Rochester to Nashville to New Jersey in the last three years. He wants out though, wants to come back home to Rochester. They pay him hansomly, give him a free car each year (sponsor's make - so it's any Buick he wants this year). He gets a few months off and goes on to the next gig.

406116[/snapback]

I'm interested. What kind of background (education) does he have to get a position like that?

I'm interested. What kind of background (education) does he have to get a position like that?

406236[/snapback]

He graduated with a degree in Business Adminstration in 2003. He's only 24. PGA, for whatever reason, hires very young, probably because they are very attached to the job and family would get in the way.