Kevin Everett placed on PUP list

After signing Everett, the Bills placed him on the PUP list. What this means (for anyone like myself who didn't exactly know) is he can rehab and go to team meetings, but not practice with the team. He can be removed at anytime before the first cutdown (from 80 to 65 players, which he won't be), but if he isn't, he won't be able to practice with the team during the first 5 weeks, and also won't count towards the final 53-man roster. Starting at week 6 he'll be able to practice with the team and the Bills will have until the end of week 9 to activate him, but after that time he either has to be placed on the 53-man roster or be put on IR.

Hope this helps anyone who was confused about the rules of the PUP list and/or Everett's status. I still think he doesn't play this year, but you never know. The 6th week of the season would be October 16th and the 9th week would be November 6th. Considering there are reports that he'll be ready to go by October, he could very well impress the coaches during that 3-week practice window. But that's still over a couple months from now.

After signing Everett, the Bills placed him on the PUP list.  What this means (for anyone like myself who didn't exactly know) is he can rehab and go to team meetings, but not practice with the team.  He can be removed at anytime before the first cutdown (from 80 to 65 players, which he won't be), but if he isn't, he won't be able to practice with the team during the first 5 weeks, and also won't count towards the final 53-man roster.  Starting at week 6 he'll be able to practice with the team and the Bills will have until the end of week 9 to activate him, but after that time he either has to be placed on the 53-man roster or be put on IR. 

Hope this helps anyone who was confused about the rules of the PUP list and/or Everett's status.  I still think he doesn't play this year, but you never know.  The 6th week of the season would be October 16th and the 9th week would be November 6th.  Considering there are reports that he'll be ready to go by October, he could very well impress the coaches during that 3-week practice window.  But that's still over a couple months from now.

405327[/snapback]

Good review. Same options we had with Willis. Thanks!

After signing Everett, the Bills placed him on the PUP list.  What this means (for anyone like myself who didn't exactly know) is he can rehab and go to team meetings, but not practice with the team.  He can be removed at anytime before the first cutdown (from 80 to 65 players, which he won't be), but if he isn't, he won't be able to practice with the team during the first 5 weeks, and also won't count towards the final 53-man roster.  Starting at week 6 he'll be able to practice with the team and the Bills will have until the end of week 9 to activate him, but after that time he either has to be placed on the 53-man roster or be put on IR. 

Hope this helps anyone who was confused about the rules of the PUP list and/or Everett's status.  I still think he doesn't play this year, but you never know.  The 6th week of the season would be October 16th and the 9th week would be November 6th.  Considering there are reports that he'll be ready to go by October, he could very well impress the coaches during that 3-week practice window.  But that's still over a couple months from now.

405327[/snapback]

Thanks for the concise clarification, MBD. The local B'gals had to do that several times last season but I never quite caught the nuances.

That will depend on the health of the other TEs. Everett is the most athletic of the TE, but said to be as raw as meat on the hoof. He's missing all of training camp and the Bills would be hard pressed to spoon feed him the offence during the 4 week window they have from the time he can start practicing until they must activate him or put him on IR. They generally don't have time for that stuff during the regular season. I don't think he plays this year unless the Bills are desperate to have a healthy body on the field.