(OT) Tyson Knockouts...

Spun

I remember watching all of his fights in the mid 80's on HBO. It seemed like he was fighting about once a month or so. Tyson was like a pit bull in the ring. He would just attack until the opponent was on his ass.

If you only saw him fight in the last 10 years, you probably wondered what all the fuss was about. But the man used to be a killa!

to this day, i'd call buster douglas' KO of tyson the greatest upset in the history of boxing. i'm no afficionado or historian of the sport, but tyson looked absolutely indestructible back then -- he had an aura of invincibility. i saw a recent piece on him that detailed how scared michael spinks was before their "fight."

i recall watching tyson/douglas I at a college party -- we were stunned (or was it stoned?) when it happened. nobody on the face of the planet believed tyson/douglas II would be a fight. and it wasn't.

the rise and fall of mike tyson is quite a story.

I remember watching all of his fights in the mid 80's on HBO.  It seemed like he was fighting about once a month or so.  Tyson was like a pit bull in the ring.  He would just attack until the opponent was on his ass. 

If you only saw him fight in the last 10 years, you probably wondered what all the fuss was about.  But the man used to be a killa!

405320[/snapback]

Your newest avatar is killa. :D