Taking the morning off for a field trip....

Mike32282

WORST IDEA EVER!

I just got back home from the night practice and I was very disappointed. First of all, no team autograph session. That really sucked. JP Losman, Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, and Mike Williams signed at the fence, but it was a mob there.

The team was horrible. They looked like they didn't want to be out there. They were slow with tackles, missing tackles, dropping balls, throwing interceptions, throwing bad passes, fumbling snaps, bobbling balls, and just looked very sloppy out there. Mularkey looked pissed off with how sloppy they looked and something tells me that they are going to get chewed out tonight.

He gave them the morning off and took them to the movies and this is how they repay him? :blink:

He gave them the morning off and took them to the movies and this is how they repay him?  :blink:

404516[/snapback]

In Mularkey's post practice pc he said something like "the players were allowed to chose their own movie and whatever they wanted at the concession counter and it showed..." ;)

Relax. Mularkey just wanted them to practice having an "Off" game. You know they're going to have at least one - where they don't show up and everyone's expecting them to. The Pussburg game last year comes to mind.

I doubt they're going to go 16 - 0 in the regular season.

We're probably going to be very dissappointed at each and every game that slides into the L column. Hell, by the sounds of some posts here, a lot of people are going to be very dissappointed at some of the games that slide into the W column. ("They won but weren't 'dominant' in winning." "Yeah, they won, but JP looked like schit!" "If (insert players name(s) here) don't get their friggin act(s) together we're not going to win (insert your favorite goal here e.g., the next game; another game; get to the playoffs; the SB).

Having that kind of off day at practice could only be better if the Turk visited camp tonight. THAT will slap 'em back to reality quickly.

Hell, by the sounds of some posts here, a lot of people are going to be very dissappointed at some of the games that slide into the W column. ("They won but weren't 'dominant' in winning." "Yeah, they won, but JP looked like schit!" "If (insert players name(s) here) don't get their friggin act(s) together we're not going to win (insert your favorite goal here e.g., the next game; another game; get to the playoffs; the SB).

I know that's what happened last year.

CW

WORST IDEA EVER!

I just got back home from the night practice and I was very disappointed.  First of all, no team autograph session.  That really sucked.  JP Losman, Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, and Mike Williams signed at the fence, but it was a mob there.

The team was horrible.  They looked like they didn't want to be out there.  They were slow with tackles, missing tackles, dropping balls, throwing interceptions, throwing bad passes, fumbling snaps, bobbling balls, and just looked very sloppy out there.  Mularkey looked pissed off with how sloppy they looked and something tells me that they are going to get chewed out tonight. 

He gave them the morning off and took them to the movies and this is how they repay him?  :D

404516[/snapback]

What befuddles me, is that he decided to treat them with a break after one week of training camp! :D

I can see why he might try that somewhere in the middle or toward the end but not now. He's learned his lesson and won't cut them any more slack unless he knows this team can produce a winning record again.

If I were the coach, I'd fine them all for putting up a practice like that!

I know that's what happened last year.

CW

404586[/snapback]

No schitt. The last year people around here took any kind of unbridled joy in winning was probably 1988, after those horrible mid-'80s years. Ever since then it's been "well yeah they won, but they didn't win by enough" or "well yeah they won but _____ looked like crap" or, lately, "well yeah they won but they couldn't hold a candle to those SB teams."

WORST IDEA EVER!

I just got back home from the night practice and I was very disappointed.  First of all, no team autograph session.  That really sucked.  JP Losman, Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, and Mike Williams signed at the fence, but it was a mob there.

The team was horrible.  They looked like they didn't want to be out there.  They were slow with tackles, missing tackles, dropping balls, throwing interceptions, throwing bad passes, fumbling snaps, bobbling balls, and just looked very sloppy out there.  Mularkey looked pissed off with how sloppy they looked and something tells me that they are going to get chewed out tonight. 

He gave them the morning off and took them to the movies and this is how they repay him?  :D

404516[/snapback]

That "artificial butter flavoring" from the popcorn musta made the ball slick....From the sounds of things they may have followed up the movie with a trip to Tahou's, perhaps...?

WORST IDEA EVER!

404516[/snapback]

You aint the only one here who's ticked off...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=404072

I think Mikey forgot his first four games out of the gate last season.

I think we're all reading too much into this.

Are we gonna act pissy all year? Or are we just going to enjoy the ups and downs that come with every season?

You will not hear such whiny crap from me (Yeah, they won, but so-and-so sucked, or yeah, they won, but didn't dominate enough).

Last time I checked, teams get credit for wins, and wins only, in the NFL. No style points are given. A win is a win is a win. Big friggin' deal. :D

Mike