Congratulations America

:D I just past my gas pump where I live and gas is now 2.54 a gallon....what in the birthday cake is going on with the prices? Are we headed for another oil crisis like the one in the late 70's? I just cannot believe the prices these days.

What is causing it? Is it the SUV's? Iraq war and US military guzzing gas?

I fear something is seriously wrong......I think it will be time to get a hybrid the next new car I get......ridiculous!!! :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, it's all america's fault!

:D I just past my gas pump where I live and gas is now 2.54 a gallon....what in the birthday cake is going on with the prices?  Are we headed for another oil crisis  like the one in the late 70's?  I just cannot believe the prices these days. 

What is causing it?  Is it the SUV's?  Iraq war and US military guzzing gas? 

I fear something is seriously wrong......I think it will be time to get a hybrid the next new car I get......ridiculous!!! :D

404173[/snapback]

:D I just past my gas pump where I live and gas is now 2.54 a gallon....what in the birthday cake is going on with the prices?  Are we headed for another oil crisis  like the one in the late 70's?  I just cannot believe the prices these days. 

404173[/snapback]

Ever visited Europe in the last 30 years or so?

2.70 out where i live.

Blame President Bush imo.

404181[/snapback]

I thought we went into Iraq for the oil? If that were true, shouldn't gas be around $1/gallon now, since we have a ton of "free" gas? :D

CW

You folks amaze me sometimes. The fact is, oil is still relatively inexpensive. By one measure tracked by Dow Jones, we are still far from matching an April 1980 spike in US oil prices. The $39.50 per barrel price that month exceeds $90 in today's dollars.

Bingo...not to mention incredible demand coming out of China. Everyone hang on...we're going over $70bbl

404192[/snapback]

China is the right answer, besides the price of gas has not curbed the miles we drive one iota.

BTW, gallon of petrol in the UK bout $5.25

2.70 out where i live.

Blame President Bush imo.

404181[/snapback]

That would be the stupid, knee-jerk reaction. It has nothing to do with GBush. Oil prices are higher because WORLD demand has continued to reach new highs this year. We'd have expensive gas right now no matter WHO THE FUG was in the white house. Do you really think the president can control oil prices?

The thing I don't understand is the lack of inflation today. Wasn't the price of oil the driving force behind the double digit inflation days? I bet it's part of a coverup by the Bush administration...

:D

You folks amaze me sometimes. The fact is, oil is still relatively inexpensive. By one measure tracked by Dow Jones, we are still far from matching an April 1980 spike in US oil prices. The $39.50 per barrel price that month exceeds $90 in today's dollars.

404190[/snapback]

How are your sales going? :D

Good to - finally - see an avatar. Sorry to be a pest, but hey, who are we, if we can't criticize others? :D

That would be the stupid, knee-jerk reaction. It has nothing to do with GBush. Oil prices are higher because WORLD demand has continued to reach new highs this year. We'd have expensive gas right now no matter WHO THE FUG was in the white house. Do you really think the president can control oil prices?

404199[/snapback]

Sure he can! Just release a bunch from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to help his poll numbers. What's the big deal?

404199[/snapback]

Of course he can! Any opportunity to scream "BUSH BAD!!" will be taken by the hot-pockets crowd, facts be damned.

How are your sales going? :D 

Good to - finally - see an avatar. Sorry to be a pest, but hey, who are we, if we can't criticize others? :D

404203[/snapback]

Thanks, though today your avatar suits you. :D

Sales are great, I'm getting almost $70 a barrel for oil. :D

BTW, you DO know who's in my avatar, right?

404173[/snapback]

In a nutshell:

ANSWER: DEMAND & U.S. REFINERIES

1) The crazy growth of China & India is putting a major strain on demand for oil.

China just can't get enough oil. They're in Sudan, they're now in Canada. They tried to buy Unocal. Before U.S. came in, they had their mittins all over Iraq.

2) The lack of many oil refineries in the U.S. (especially California) make is worse for Americans.

It's bad enough the supply on world level is tight, but nationally there is simply not enough refineries to keep the wheels moving. Saudi prince also commented on increasing produciton won't matter when US refineries are in bad shape.

3) It's Bush's fault - It's all his fault (Liberals answer to everything)

My buddy is an enviornment freak (nothing wrong with that). He blames Bush for everything. Note: His wife drives a Sequoia (SUV). Americans are not helping the cause for less demand.