Fins owner asking to cut RW suspension in half

envirojeff

I was listening to the radio this AM that Wayne H. is asking the NFL to cut Ricky's suspension from 4 games to two games? I would love to rear the reasoning behind this one. I've been searching for a link, but can't find one that I don't have to subscribe to.

Jeff

I was listening to the radio this AM that Wayne H. is asking the NFL to cut Ricky's suspension from 4 games to two games? I would love to rear the reasoning behind this one. I've been searching for a link, but can't find one that I don't have to subscribe to.

Jeff

403847[/snapback]

Well, see, it's like this. He was out all last year right? Therefore he was actually suspended for a whole year, that is 16 games. Makes perfect sense. Just ask Gary Bettman... :D

Jeff

403847[/snapback]

If they agree to that request, it may very well be the final straw that puts me off football for good.

Jeff

403847[/snapback]

the reason is simple. it was a marijuana offense and he should have never been suspended to start with. Personally I don't think anyone should lose a job or be suspended for a mj usage.

but the actual reason would be because they have not yet signed there 1st rd (#2 overall) draft pick R. brown.

the reason is simple. it was a marijuana offense and he should have never been suspended to start with. Personally I don't think anyone should lose a job or be suspended for a mj usage.

but the actual reason would be because they have not yet signed there 1st rd (#2 overall) draft pick R. brown.

404141[/snapback]

Marijuana is a banned substance under the CBA, right? Personal belief really has nothing to do with it if he broke the agreed-upon drug policy.

Does anyone know if the commissioner has the power to shorten a drug suspension under the CBA? I don't think he does.

The key word is "asking" I would find more fault in an owner NOT asking. Ya gotta try! Now if it said Wayne H was demanding, then yeah there would be a gripe, but that does not appear to be the case.

Jeff

403847[/snapback]