Here's my Training Camp Report from this afternoon

Mike32282

The Bills practiced on the grass field today with the hot sun beating down on them. They worked in full pads today and there was some nice hard hitting. The coaches had the team work on some special teams, 7-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills.

To start the day off, the Bills players did their normal routine of individual unit drills and then stretching. After that, the team worked on punt returns and punt coverage. Brian Moorman was solid with his punts, like always and was hitting them "high and far." He was averaging about 45-60 yards in his punts. His best one had to be from the 50 yard-line and he nailed it, almost making a field goal. The purpose of this drill was to work on punt return coverage. They did a good job, but had some trouble stopping some of the returners. Jonathan Smith, Roscoe Parrish, Nate Clements, Drew Haddad, and Josh Reed all practiced returning. Roscoe Parrish was the toughest to bring down. He showed his speed and eluded the cover guys when they tried to tackle him. Nate Clements and Jonathan Smith also did a great job returning.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...port_892005.php

the clips that show Holcomb bounce-bounce-bouncing on every play?

"I'm better when I'm movin'..."

-The Sundance Kid

couple thoughts:

Lionel Gates may be taking over the backup runningback job. I have noticed that Shaud Williams is not getting the bulk of the carries anymore.

Ya' gotta give all the guys their shot and there's a pretty good chance that's what the Bills are doin'. Sharing the load in August keeps your players fresh and I'd guess Shaud is now, and still will be the #2guy when they start playing, just with a little less wear.

Mario Haggan was very impressive today. He was all over the field making plays. He knocked down a couple balls, and made some nice tackles. Haggan also intercepted Shane Matthews.

Kind of curious who he was on the field with, what side he was playin and where he was making tackles. You happen to remember?

With our conservative offense, we won't see many 3-wide sets,

I don't know Mike. I think we're going to see a wide array of sets and a lot of them are going to have at least 3 wideouts on the field. It may not be considered "conservative" but if, (ahem)... when the Bills run out of it a lot, it might be considered almost "traditional".

punt return coverage..... did a good job, but had some trouble stopping some of the returners.  Roscoe Parrish, Nate Clements...

I'm thinking that's kind of self-explanatory. Factor in McGee on kickreturn and damn do we have some kind of stable of game-breaking returnmen. Although it might cost a handful of points over the season(and even that is debatable) there's also a bit of an exhale factor when you consider we'll only have to watch Nate return 5-6 punts a month instead of 15-20.

Another fine report Mike.

Thanx again from all the starving (m)asses.

Cya

Thanks for the report, Mike. I am glad to hear Parrish is doing well on punts, last week he was having a problem getting under them.

I will look for your report from tonight's practice, especially since they closed this morning's.

Nice report Mike. What kind of sets was Gates on the feild with the starting unit for?

403466[/snapback]

It was just the regular offense, I think there was 2 wide, 1 TE, 1 FB, and him.

Thanks Mike! Excellent reporting...  ;)

403480[/snapback]

Thanks. :D

Is the bomb you mentioned from JP to Roscoe, the same one that is in the clips on bb.com?

http://buffalobills.com/player/

That was pretty sweet.

403490[/snapback]

Yeah that's it. :D

Do you mean the clips that show Holcomb bounce-bounce-bouncing on every play?  :D

403496[/snapback]

:D

Thanks Mike haven't missed one of your reports yet.  Much appreciated.

403507[/snapback]

Thanks man. :)

"I'm better when I'm movin'..."

-The Sundance Kid

couple thoughts:

Ya' gotta give all the guys their shot and there's a pretty good chance that's what the Bills are doin'. Sharing the load in August keeps your players fresh and I'd guess Shaud is now, and still will be the #2guy when they start playing, just with a little less wear.

Kind of curious who he was on the field with, what side he was playin and where he was making tackles. You happen to remember?

I don't know Mike. I think we're going to see a wide array of sets and a lot of them are going to have at least 3 wideouts on the field. It may not be considered "conservative" but if, (ahem)...  when the Bills run out of it a lot, it might be considered almost "traditional".

I'm thinking that's kind of self-explanatory. Factor in McGee on kickreturn and damn do we have some kind of stable of game-breaking returnmen. Although it might cost a handful of points over the season(and even that is debatable) there's also a bit of an exhale factor when you consider we'll only have to watch Nate return 5-6 punts a month instead of 15-20.

Another fine report Mike.

Thanx again from all the starving (m)asses.

Cya

403505[/snapback]

You are probably right about Shaud Williams, but from what I've heard...Gates could possibly win the #2 job if he does good enough in preseason. I'm not sure what side he was on. I just know that he was blitzing and tackling the RB at the LOS or behind it. As far as our sets, our main set seems to be 2 Wide, 1 TE, 1 RB, 1 FB. We want to be a power running game, thats why i don't see too many 3 wide sets.

McGee at kick returns and Parrish and Clements sharing the duties or doing it at the same time. *drooling*

:D

Thanks for the comments. :D

Thanks for the report, Mike. I am glad to hear Parrish is doing well on punts, last week he was having a problem getting under them.

I will look for your report from tonight's practice, especially since they closed this morning's.

403535[/snapback]

So you aren't going to be there?