The demise of the growler

VABills

of the missing growler:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ....mcguire/1.html

AGGRAVATING/ENJOYABLE TRAVEL NOTE OF THE WEEK

The time has come. I've got to say something about the automatic flushers overtaking the public toilets of America.

Entered a restroom at the St. Louis airport last Tuesday. Went into a stall.

WOOOOOOOSH.

That flush came from simply entering the stall. I got close to the toilet and WOOOOOOOSH.

By the time I left the stall I heard that noise no less than six times.

Count 'em: six flushes. How many gallons of water wasted? How many eardrums nearly punctured?

Fiber=Good

402953[/snapback]

Sometimes the handles in the handicapped stall come in handy. I think Howie Mandel did a bit on that once.

"Hey buddy, that stall's for the handicapped!"

"Well, I was when I came in here!"

Sometimes the handles in the handicapped stall come in handy.  I think Howie Mandel did a bit on that once.

"Hey buddy, that stall's for the handicapped!"

"Well, I was when I came in here!"

402960[/snapback]

Wow, Howie Mandel , there's a name I have not heard in a long time. Ha, now that was a mullet!

6 flusher...sounds like he had a date with Taco Cantina

403012[/snapback]

If a home, after 3, I usually go get the plunger.

If in a public place if it is still there after 3 attempts to flush it down, I leave it. A work of art like that should be saved for the world to see, or at least the next poor shlub who neglected to go before they left the house.

Gee Peter, how many germs not transmitted by contact with the flush handle?

Count 'em dumbass.

402925[/snapback]

Actually, when you flush the toilet a six foot halo of germs shoots up so it really doesn't matter if you touch the handle or not. Who the hell touches the handle with their hands anyways? You have to use the good ol' shoe.

Actually, when you flush the toilet a six foot halo of germs shoots up so it really doesn't matter if you touch the handle or not. Who the hell touches the handle with their hands anyways? You have to use the good ol' shoe.

403162[/snapback]

That's my technique. There's just something about other people's feces on the handle that makes me avoid it all together.