Ricky Williams' feet

Anyone else watch last night? I know there has been a lot of hype this offseason about Williams being in the best shape of his life, etc. etc., but I was not at all impressed watching him last night. Not only is he leaner (having less power as a result), but he seems to have developed a case of "happy feet." Granted, the Dolphins' line didn't seem to be opening too many holes (although Sammy Morris was able to find some holes), but Williams seemed just to be dancing rather than bursting through the LOS. I always thought that what made RW special was his quickness to the line - he seems to have lost all of that, at least for the time being.

Anyone else watch last night?  I know there has been a lot of hype this offseason about Williams being in the best shape of his life, etc. etc., but I was not at all impressed watching him last night.  Not only is he leaner (having less power as a result), but he seems to have developed a case of "happy feet."  Granted, the Dolphins' line didn't seem to be opening too many holes (although Sammy Morris was able to find some holes), but Williams seemed just to be dancing rather than bursting through the LOS.  I always thought that what made RW special was his quickness to the line - he seems to have lost all of that, at least for the time being.

402605[/snapback]

It doesn't matter. Thanks to his amazing personal growth he found in his spiritual travels, he will be able to simply levitate over the line of scrimmage once the regular season starts.

Unless the dolphins have the 2nd coming of Jim Brown waiting in the wings I'm not worried. Their oline is the worst in the league and they've done nothing to improve it. Their secondary is also pretty bad now that pat surtain isn't there, and yeah boston does look lighter and quicker, but he's gotta prove he can stay healthy.

I don't think Williams will be much of a factor this year.  The Dolphins O-Line looked pretty bad overall last night.  I was kind of impressed with David Boston though.  He looked a little lighter and quicker.

Yeah but he was playing against the Bears' 2nd stringers, who are 3rd stringers for most teams.

Anyone else watch last night?  I know there has been a lot of hype this offseason about Williams being in the best shape of his life, etc. etc., but I was not at all impressed watching him last night.  Not only is he leaner (having less power as a result), but he seems to have developed a case of "happy feet."  Granted, the Dolphins' line didn't seem to be opening too many holes (although Sammy Morris was able to find some holes), but Williams seemed just to be dancing rather than bursting through the LOS.  I always thought that what made RW special was his quickness to the line - he seems to have lost all of that, at least for the time being.

402605[/snapback]

He doesn't have "happy feet", he's "mobile"...we shouldn't be so quick to judge him...

He's got four more preseason games to work it out. I wouldn't be concerned if I was a Phin fan.

Besides, he's history once that rookie gets going.

Run forward, cut left, cut right, find a hole. not that difficult if you've been doing it your entire life. It's not like that knowledge just escapes you. And Ricky is enlightened so I doubt he's going to have a hard time.