I can't stand it any longer

I will go to the service for Hunter Tomorrow. He has been on my mind constantly.

Work will have to deal. I'll sit in the back with my box of tissues and rosary beads.

Guest BackInDaDay
I grieve for all the unknown families that suffer in silence and without wealth or fanfare.

402404[/snapback]

Understood, but when the most fortunate among us are made to suffer, do you feel their suffering is any less deserving of your compassion?

It boils down to this...

Two young parents will bury their son.

Whenever, and wherever that takes place, compassionate people grieve.

Understood, but when the most fortunate among us are made to suffer, do you feel their suffering is any less deserving of your compassion?

It boils down to this...

Two young parents will bury their son. 

Whenever, and wherever that takes place, compassionate people grieve.

402431[/snapback]

Agreed.

But I wouldn't waste a thoughtful dialogue on him. He has pretty much responded like an @sshole to every thread he has "contributed" to today.

Guest BackInDaDay
Agreed.

But I wouldn't waste a thoughtful dialogue on him. He has pretty much responded like an @sshole to every thread he has "contributed" to today.

402435[/snapback]

Now, now... he's a fellow Bill's fan, which makes him an inherintly miserable SOB. :D

Guest BackInDaDay
It happens every place every day.  If we grieved whenever and wherever it took place, we'd have no time for anything else.

402441[/snapback]

I agree with you, but it depends on how you grieve.

Grief is your process.

Shaking your head and muttering 'whadda shame' works as well as writing poems, if that's all you need.

I open a newspaper to check the boxscores, and move through Tsunami victims, Iraqi car-bomb victims, and abducted teenagers without thinking. But when I give myself a moment to reflect on the pain and horror being sufferred, I allow myself to have feelings about them. Then I go on.

Get there as early as possible Cindy....the doors of the church I was told tonight after the private viewing and reception will open at noon. It holds 2000 with an overflow room for about 500....

What a class act of the Bills and Ralph to go to the funeral home today.....And it was heartwarming to see some ex-players there tonight.

To those with the snide comments about others dieing etc everyday....today was by far one of the toughest I have had since my 2 year old niece died in 1988....I pray that NONE of you ever feel that pain or have to see the pain on a parents/grandparents face when a child dies. God speed dear Hunter boy....you have touched more lives and hearts in 8 short years than many of us do in 80....We will keep fighting this fight Hunter...for you and Mitch and CJ and Chloe and Aubrey and Noah and Trevor and Ross....they will not have died in vain! We will miss you always and love you forever

People grieve for people who are near and dear to their heart.

Jim Kelly is near and dear to our hearts.

Yeah he's just a sports player, but he's an identity, especially when most of from Buffalo don't have much except our blue collar, hard working, tough as nails identity that Jim Kelly was the face of.

I realize it happens everyday.

but it doesn't happen to someone I care about everyday.