Burning Question...

Spun

This has been bugging me. In the Bills last game of the year against the Steelers, Willis had a run from deep inside Bills territory that could have been a long gainer if not for his being tripped. Does anybody know from what yard line that play originated? Also for anybody who could stomach watching the game again, if Willis had not been tripped would he have gone all the way or were there defenders between him and the Steelers goal line? I recorded the game but couldn't get myself to watch it again (kind of like the Super Bowls). The reason I ask is that not only has Willis not broken a long one for a td yet (he is due) but Orenthal has the team record for 94 yards and I believe if Willis had broken the run it would have been close to the record.

I have confidence that a number of you can easily answer this! Thanks!

OH MY GOD!

1-12-@ BUF1 (9:22) W.McGahee left tackle to BUF 6 for 5 yards (C.Scott).

PENALTY on PIT-C.Scott, Tripping, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 6.

He might have equaled the nearly-God-like Emmitt Thomas' 99 yd td run.

Or was that BoJangles?

It's so hard to keep the neural synapses going straight when I'm this loaded.

Great work!

I knew you guys could get this! I know some won't agree with this but I would like to see as many of Orenthal's records eclipsed as possible.

If Willis had broken that play for 99 yards it would have broken Orenthal's mark of 94 yards which I believe he accomplished against the 49ers.

The irony of the trip is that although the Steelers were penalized on the play, the drive ended with a missed Lindell field goal attempt (28 yards). If Willis had broken the run, the final score may have ended up with the Bills winning 31 - 29 rather than the actual 29 - 24 ending.

The bottom line is the Bills weren't good enough to beat the Steelers first teamers but they were good enough to get into the playoffs.

The loss still stings...

OH MY GOD!

Or was that BoJangles?

402386[/snapback]

Monday night football many moons ago Tony Dorsett broke off a 99 yarder (if memory serves).

OH MY GOD!

Or was that BoJangles?

402386[/snapback]

Tony Dorsett against the Vikings on MNF.

I remember this play really well, the ultimate drive killer:

3-1-PIT11 (3:03) D.Bledsoe pass to D.Shelton to PIT 4 for 7 yards (R.Stuvaints; T.Carter). Caught at PIT 10, left side. PENALTY on BUF-Jo.Reed, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 11 - No Play. ;)

I remember this play really well, the ultimate drive killer:

3-1-PIT11 (3:03) D.Bledsoe pass to D.Shelton to PIT 4 for 7 yards (R.Stuvaints; T.Carter). Caught at PIT 10, left side.  PENALTY on BUF-Jo.Reed, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 11 - No Play.  ;)

402952[/snapback]

Yup - and it was an unnecessary penalty as well... :D

CW