Here's my Training Camp Report from this morning

After a couple days off, the Bills were on the field this morning and ready to work. They practiced on the Growney Stadium turf and wore their shoulder pads and shorts. There was some minimal hitting, but they took it easy today. The main items on the agenda for today were special teams coverage, 7-on-7, and the full team scrimmage 11-on-11 drill.

Like always, the players stretched things out and then separated into their individual units. JP Losman and the other quarterbacks worked with the wide receivers and he seemed a little rusty, but not bad. He was off target on a few passes, but got better by the end. Kelly Holcomb was sharp with all his passes and did a good job.

CLICK HERE for the rest

I will try to upload the photos tomorrow morning after work.

thx for the report, mike. great stuff. interesting thoughts on george wilson. i doubt he'll make the team over aiken, though...you don't keep a 4th WR because of his WR skills, you keep him for what he does on ST. aiken is one of our ST demons.

Nice work!!!

I think that one of the smartest off season moves was bringing in Holcomb.

I am also looking to be surprised by a few of these new " no name " players.

...and the fever builds...

Why in the name of all that is holy are we not starting Holcomb over Losman. Give the man reps with the first team and see what happens. :D

402284[/snapback]

damn, you're a schitt starter.

i love it. ;)

thx for the report, mike.  great stuff.  interesting thoughts on george wilson.  i doubt he'll make the team over aiken, though...you don't keep a 4th WR because of his WR skills, you keep him for what he does on ST.  aiken is one of our ST demons.

402266[/snapback]

No problem. I'm glad you liked it. George Wilson has really started to get more reps on the field lately. He could possibly make the roster, but we gotta see what he does on special teams. i agree with u on Aiken, and I'm one of his biggest fans. I have always liked what i have seen, but lately he is struggling. :D

Thanks mike.

402268[/snapback]

Your welcome. :lol:

Nice work!!!

I think that one of the smartest off season moves was bringing in Holcomb.

I am also looking to be surprised by a few of these new " no name " players.

...and the fever builds...

402281[/snapback]

I agree. Holcomb was a great pickup and so far he has done a very good job at learning the offense. :lol:

Why in the name of all that is holy are we not starting Holcomb over Losman. Give the man reps with the first team and see what happens. :D

402284[/snapback]

Nice try. :lol:

damn, you're a schitt starter.

i love it.  :P

402286[/snapback]

Me too. DOOOOMED! ;)

What do you think of Woodbury, any shot of making the squad? Is his only hope the PS? Of the little I saw during the scrimage one thing was obvious, the guy is an athelete. Whether he has the physical and mental abilities to play QB are yet to be seen, but I hope he gets a shot.

Nice report. BTW, I think you can give Moulds a pass for not signing autographs,

he went to attend the Kelly funeral.

402574[/snapback]

Yeah, he can have a pass. ;)

although the last time it was just the receivers at the fence last week...he didn't sign then either. :D

What do you think of Woodbury, any shot of making the squad?  Is his only hope the PS?  Of the little I saw during the scrimage one thing was obvious, the guy is an athelete.  Whether he has the physical and mental abilities to play QB are yet to be seen, but I hope he gets a shot.

402563[/snapback]

I like the little bit that I've seen of Woodbury, but he is still very raw. I hope they decide to offer a coaching job to Shane Matthews so he can work with JP still on the sidelines, and then we can see Tory Woodbury more in the preseason games and he'll have a good shot at making the roster then.

I like the little bit that I've seen of Woodbury, but he is still very raw.  I hope they decide to offer a coaching job  to Shane Matthews so he can work with JP still on the sidelines, and then we can see Tory Woodbury more in the preseason games and he'll have a good shot at making the roster then.

402587[/snapback]

That might be the ideal situation. If God forbid Matthews were needed he would be right there. Seeing Woodbury in a real game situation will be telling. I hope he gets more than mop up duty against 5th stringers. Very raw, but to me compelling.

That might be the ideal situation.  If God forbid Matthews were needed he would be right there.  Seeing Woodbury in a real game situation will be telling.  I hope he gets more than mop up duty against 5th stringers.  Very raw, but to me compelling.

If the Bills were to have to resort to their 3rd string QB, there's little more you want to see him do than handing the ball off. At least with Woodbury, you could use his mobility to do rollouts, designed QB runs, and even the option (only half-kidding here).

No problem.  I'm glad you liked it.  George Wilson has really started to get more reps on the field lately.  He could possibly make the roster, but we gotta see what he does on special teams.  i agree with u on Aiken, and I'm one of his biggest fans.  I have always liked what i have seen, but lately he is struggling.  :D

402554[/snapback]

Wilson got prime footage on two Rochester camp news bits.

Aiken picked it up a notch in the afternoon. He played very well.

Great report!