foreshadowing to next year's HOF game

I agree that TT will likely get in next year, but I don't think Andre Reed goes in the same class. In fact, I predict it will be quite some time before Reed eventually gets in....

402050[/snapback]

In agree, the HOF voters have been very weird about WRs as of late. Look at how long it took Swan and Stallworth to get in. Art Monk is not in, and Irvin didn't get in last year. Regardless, they should have Buffalo vs. Dallas next year as there is a very good chance 2 Cowboys and 2 Bills could get in.

In agree, the HOF voters have been very weird about WRs as of late.  Look at how long it took Swan and Stallworth to get in.  Art Monk is not in, and Irvin didn't get in last year.  Regardless, they should have Buffalo vs. Dallas next year as there is a very good chance 2 Cowboys and 2 Bills could get in.

402057[/snapback]

Not to mention, don't they normally pick a few players from each time period? It seems unlikely that they would choose two players who actually played on the same team at the same time. Bad news for Mr. Wilson...

Not to mention, don't they normally pick a few players from each time period? It seems unlikely that they would choose two players who actually played on the same team at the same time. Bad news for Mr. Wilson...

402061[/snapback]

aikman is in, i'd say that TT is in, and maybe, just maybe, ralph will get in. I've got my fingers crossed that this is the year.

Thurman is a lock to get in but I bet it takes Andre four or five years to get in as I have read many voters says they feel he is borderline. If Michael Irvin didn't get in on his first shot and Art Monk has yet to get in Andre Reed will have to wait.

Next years class will be one of the best ever for fans of football in the 80's and 90's and since we all know Aikman is a lock it would be good for him to go in with a teammate, but that actually could keep Irvin out another year.

Ralph isn't going to get in and its criminal if you ask me. The man was one of the AHL's founding fathers and that league would have died without his support. He deserves to be enshrined.

Ralph isn't going to get in and its criminal if you ask me.  The man was one of the AHL's founding fathers and that league would have died without his support.  He deserves to be enshrined.

402076[/snapback]

Especially since Al Davis and Lamar Hunt have both been in for a long time, and unlike them, Ralph never moved his team (though he had plenty of opportunities to do so).

Tasker is another guy who deserves to get in. His situation is similar to those of Hoyt Wilhelm and Jan Stenerud. It took the voters a long time to decide that relievers and kickers deserved to make their respective sports' Halls, but once they did, Wilhelm and Stenerud were the obvious choices. Tasker will be the obvious and automatic choice once voters figure out that special teamers belong.

Thurman is a lock to get in but I bet it takes Andre four or five years to get in as I have read many voters says they feel he is borderline.  If Michael Irvin didn't get in on his first shot and Art Monk has yet to get in Andre Reed will have to wait.

Next years class will be one of the best ever for fans of football in the 80's and 90's and since we all know Aikman is a lock it would be good for him to go in with a teammate, but that actually could keep Irvin out another year.

Ralph isn't going to get in and its criminal if you ask me.  The man was one of the AHL's founding fathers and that league would have died without his support.  He deserves to be enshrined.

402076[/snapback]

ralph is one of those guys who will probably get in posthumously. for whatever reason, his contributions are not being given the credit they deserve and i doubt that will change while he is alive.

i agree that thurman should get in as a first ballot inductee; honestly, i don't think andre will get in at all. i disagree with this, but i believe he is viewed as a product of the offense, and, as noted above, voting on WRs has been very finicky.

ralph is one of those guys who will probably get in posthumously.  for whatever reason, his contributions are not being given the credit they deserve and i doubt that will change while he is alive.

402098[/snapback]

What I hate is that Wellington Mara and Dan Rooney have gotten in in recent years when all they did was inherit teams from their daddies. Ralph built this organization, and helped build the AFL, from the ground up.

i agree that thurman should get in as a first ballot inductee; honestly, i don't think andre will get in at all.  i disagree with this, but i believe he is viewed as a product of the offense, and, as noted above, voting on WRs has been very finicky.

402098[/snapback]

I think Andre will eventually get in but unfortunately he's going to be one of those old guys, like Tommy McDonald a few years back, when he gives his induction speech.

Another spot that is a total given is for Reggie White....

402170[/snapback]

Remember though, he came back to play one unmemorable year for the Panthers, before he finally retired. I think he would still be two years away from qualifying....

Remember though, he came back to play one unmemorable year for the Panthers, before he finally retired.  I think he would still be two years away from qualifying....

402193[/snapback]

According to the diagram showed by NFL Total Access on Sunday, it said Reggie is eligible this coming year. I believe Reggie's last year with the Panthers was 2000....

According to the diagram showed by NFL Total Access on Sunday, it said Reggie is eligible this coming year. I believe Reggie's last year with the Panthers was 2000....

402242[/snapback]

It's a shame that Reggie won't be their for his own enshrinement. Sad to have someone go so young!

They should put in Thomas, Reed, Aikman and Irvin all next year and have the Bills play the Cowboys in the HOF Game. What a great time that would be. NFL will never take advantage of the marketing opportunity.

They could also have the fans from the respective teams (and probably some players as well) in a free-for-all brawl/riot in the stadium on Saturday night. Put that on PPV.

Mr. Wilson should have been elected to the HOF years ago. It's a damn disgrace that he is not in there.

Mr. Wilson should have been elected to the HOF years ago. It's a damn disgrace that he is not in there.

402301[/snapback]

No argument here. Ralph Wilson basically saved the AFL when he picked up the Raiders' payroll for a while in 1961.

Mike