medical advice

On Saturday, I was at a waterpark and jumped off of a 25 ft. tall high jump. Landed funny, and got water in my ear. It went in deep cause it hurt my ear, head, and jaw. I put some ear wax loosener drops in, and by saturday night, the pain was gone... Both yesterday and today, with today being slightly worse than yesterday, outside noise seems muffled, like the water is still in there. I can hear myself cough/talk/chew/etc. perfectly fine, but outside noise is just muffled a bit. I've never had water in my ear this deep before, so i'm wondering if this is normal... Will the water eventually go out, or do i need to have a doctor suck it out somehow? I'm holding off till wednesday on this before i go in to have it checked out. Thanks guys and gals!

I hear you can take an awl, put it in there and swish it around.  If it gets hung up just push a little harder.  I can ensure that you will not worry about water on your ear again.

401977[/snapback]

ok, i tried that, but i lost my hearing, i'm seeing stars, and i've lost the control of my bowels and my ability to control my speech. any advice now?

On Saturday, I was at a waterpark and jumped off of a 25 ft. tall high jump.  Landed funny, and got water in my ear.  It went in deep cause it hurt my ear, head, and jaw.  I put some ear wax loosener drops in, and by saturday night, the pain was gone...  Both yesterday and today, with today being slightly worse than yesterday, outside noise seems muffled, like the water is still in there.  I can hear myself cough/talk/chew/etc. perfectly fine, but outside noise is just muffled a bit.  I've never had water in my ear this deep before, so i'm wondering if this is normal...  Will the water eventually go out, or do i need to have a doctor suck it out somehow?  I'm holding off till wednesday on this before i go in to have it checked out.  Thanks guys and gals!

401968[/snapback]

I don't have any sympathy for you, you knew the risks and yet you went ahead and jumped in the water...having symapthy for you is like having sympathy for Peter Jennings or even Mickey Mantle. :doh:

ok, i tried that, but i lost my hearing, i'm seeing stars, and i've lost the control of my bowels and my ability to control my speech.  any advice now?

401980[/snapback]

Well at least you don't have a problem with water in your ears. Damn, you want me to solve all your problems? :doh:

Unless there is wax in your ear, any water that enters your outside ear will simply run out when you tip your head. Since you're still having symptoms, particularly with your hearing, I would suspect you damaged your eardrum whin you hit the water. I suggest going to the doctor and having it looked at. Eardrums may heal spontaneously over time, but it's no guarantee.

Unless there is wax in your ear, any water that enters your outside ear will simply run out when you tip your head.  Since you're still having symptoms, particularly with your hearing, I would suspect you damaged your eardrum whin you hit the water.  I suggest going to the doctor and having it looked at.  Eardrums may heal spontaneously over time, but it's no guarantee.

402013[/snapback]

Yeah, i suspect i damaged my eardrum slightly. It's not hurting at all anymore, so i'll give it a couple days to see what happens, then go to the doctor. thanks!

Remember that time when you had pickle juice in your ear?  Man you pissed off for a few days...

401997[/snapback]

Man you pissed off for few days. :lol:

New English?????

No, that never happened. You must have yourself confused with NBF. Also, it was super corrossive nerve agent that you loaded on harm to be launched off a drone either. :doh:

Before you go to a doctor, you can go to a drug store and buy a solution of ear drops that helps remove water from you ear. The drops are basically an alcohol solution that displaces the water. The alcohol solution will evaporate quickly after the water is removed.

The ear drops are specifically for water in your ear. It might be hard to find but just keep looking in the ear care aisle.

Man you pissed off for few days.   :doh:

New English?????

402024[/snapback]

what's wrong with his usage of the British slang?

piss off v 1. to leave. Note: British. ("Why don't you just piss off?") leave

meaning you left for a few days...never mind....

Before you go to a doctor, you can go to a drug store and buy a solution of ear drops that helps remove water from you ear.  The drops are basically an alcohol solution that displaces the water.  The alcohol solution will evaporate quickly after the water is removed.

The ear drops are specifically for water in your ear.  It might be hard to find but just keep looking in the ear care aisle.

402025[/snapback]

They might possible keep such behind the pharmacy counter. I had a colonoscopy a few months ago, and the purgative, non-prescription, was kept there (only three bucks for what I now consider the most effective OTC medication I've ever had. :doh: ).

I had a colonoscopy a few months ago, and the purgative, non-prescription, was kept there (only three bucks for what I now consider the most effective OTC medication I've ever had. :doh: ).

402033[/snapback]

Can you describe in graphic detail the procedure and your reactions to it? :lol:

Man you pissed off for few days.  :lol:

New English?????

No, that never happened.  You must have yourself confused with NBF.  Also, it was super corrossive nerve agent that you loaded on  harm to be launched off a drone either.  :doh:

402024[/snapback]

WERE.

Yeah, nothing says WMD like pickle juice munitions. We wasted most of the Taliban with that stuff.

Can you describe in graphic detail the procedure and your reactions to it? :lol:

402036[/snapback]

Here you go.

12:30 PM - 16 oz. Gatorade.

1:00 PM - 1 1/2 ounce Fleet Phosphosoda in 8 oz. 7-Up with ice.

2:00 PM - 1st bowel movement.

2:10 PM - 2nd (I omit the descriptives).

3:05 PM - 3rd.

4:20 PM - 4th.

5:30 PM - 5th.

6:10 PM - 6th. Clarity.

6:15 PM - 2nd dose of Phosphosoda.

7:00 PM - 7th.

7:25 PM - 8th.

7:40 PM - 9th.

8:13 PM - 10th.

8:35 PM - 11th

9:20 PM - 4 ducolax tablets + 16 oz. Gatorade.

10:05 PM - 12th.

10:40 PM - 13th.

The next day.

3:00 AM - 14th.

3:10 AM - 15th.

6:50 AM - 16th.

7:05 AM - 17th

:doh: