Bills considering a Hall of Fame

Fezmid

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that would be great! I've been to the Packer Hall in Green Bay and the HOF in Canton a couple of times...I think a Bills Hall of Fame would only help to strengthen the franchise.

Count me in for at least one trip from NE Ohio!!

Mike

The interesting thing about this will be seeing how the O.J. exhibit is handled, and how they'll handle inviting the inductees to ceremonies if, as I'm sure will happen, he is one.

402099[/snapback]

O.J. will be honored, and he deserves it- he was a cut above the rest.

What about Cookie?

402103[/snapback]

Well that's the other thing. Will the Hall be treated the same way as the Wall, with Ralph's personal grudges getting in the way of rightful honors? I'm thinking of both Cookie and Lou Saban here.

Well that's the other thing.  Will the Hall be treated the same way as the Wall, with Ralph's personal grudges getting in the way of rightful honors?  I'm thinking of both Cookie and Lou Saban here.

402123[/snapback]

Cookie has been invited numerous times apparently. I don't know if it's the same for Lou. You are correct though, both belong (as inaugural members IMO).

Cookie has been invited numerous times apparently.  I don't know if it's the same for Lou.  You are correct though, both belong (as inaugural members IMO).

402130[/snapback]

How would an inagural class be handled? Clearly you couldnt have someone be on the Wall of Fame and NOT be in the Hall of Fame, it just wouldnt make any sense.

So I'm guessing the people on the Wall of Fame make it into the Hall of Fame...and then maybe it follows that any inclusion on the Hall of Fame gets your name on the Wall of Fame.

Hope that made a little bit of sense...

Cookie has been invited numerous times apparently.  I don't know if it's the same for Lou.  You are correct though, both belong (as inaugural members IMO).

402130[/snapback]

Didn't know that about Cookie. I do seem to recall that Ralph still hasn't forgiven Lou for quitting the team during his second stint. For my money, Lou belongs -- both for his first stint (in which he won two AFL titles) and his second (in which he rejuvenated O.J.'s career after John Rauch and Harvey Johnson nearly destroyed it).

How would an inagural class be handled?  Clearly you couldnt have someone be on the Wall of Fame and NOT be in the Hall of Fame, it just wouldnt make any sense.

402133[/snapback]

The Juice needs some special recognition because, any way you slice it, he was the greatest Bill ever.

Nobody could knife their way through tacklers like OJ.

402139[/snapback]

Yeah, nobody can murder two people in a fit of jealous rage like the Juice!

Wait a minute, there's no football pun in that one. Never mind. :doh:

Didn't know that about Cookie.  I do seem to recall that Ralph still hasn't forgiven Lou for quitting the team during his second stint.  For my money, Lou belongs -- both for his first stint (in which he won two AFL titles) and his second (in which he rejuvenated O.J.'s career after John Rauch and Harvey Johnson nearly destroyed it).

402134[/snapback]

I couldn't remember with Lou, but I thought that Ralph was the one still POed. Time to get over it.

Great idea. They should have thought of it 3-4 years ago so it would be opening now. The Bills should do what most other teams are doing nowadays and have training camp at home. Just put some bleachers around the practice fields and have the night practices in the stadium. With the mini-camps, training camp practices, Hall of Fame, Stadium Tours, team store, fieldhouse, preseason & regular season games there would be more than enough to do and more than enough fans to support a Hall of Fame.

Last check found Erie County had approximatley 942,000 residents. Down from 950,000 in 2000 and down from 968,000 in 1990.