Best possible situation

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

This is not another 'predict JP's future' thread.

Merely a reminder that this current Bill's team... strong D, strong ST, great O skill players... gives JP an almost perfect situation to step into, and develope.

'Almost perfect' because of the concern about the O-line's pass-protection skills.

That's a biggie, but at least this kid's ability to escape can negate some of that.

i think the best way to break in jp would be to throw him into a blowout, on the road, at night, against the super bowl champs, when the coach knows he wasn't paying any attention.

i would not be suprised to hear that this single moment last year was what made jp into a guy who prepares and does lots of work for his job.

you, however, are very much correct. the bills are the best possible team for a young unproven guy to be a sucessful quarterback. probably the deepest WR corps in the league, willis at rb, an all world defense, and a game changing special teams squad. I am of the variety that realizes that jp probably will neither be the league mvp this year, nor the billy joe hobert of the league. he'll be somewhere in the middle, which will give him the best possible chance to grow.

If he's billy joe hobert, then he'll go in the dump with the rest of the crappy quarterbacks. if he goes and throws for more than 4000 yards next season, maybe he'll be talking about the 2005 season in 20 years, like dan marino talked about the 1984 season yesterday. (don't take me out of context... i firmly believe that jp will be no less than middle of the road with ability)

This is not another 'predict JP's future' thread.

Merely a reminder that this current Bill's team... strong D, strong ST, great O skill players... gives JP an almost perfect situation to step into, and develope.

'Almost perfect' because of the concern about the O-line's pass-protection skills.

That's a biggie, but at least this kid's ability to escape can negate some of that.

401747[/snapback]

If nothing else, it's good to have KH to back him up. I'm sure there will be times that he will need to come in.

Jeff

i think the best way to break in jp would be to throw him into a blowout, on the road, at night, against the super bowl champs, when the coach knows he wasn't paying any attention. 

i would not be suprised to hear that this single moment last year was what made jp into a guy who prepares and does lots of work for his job. 

401751[/snapback]

Good move by MM. I'm sure JP was goofing with the other scrubs on the sideline and thinking (like the rest of us) that Bledsoe sucks and if I was in there....

"What's that coach? I'm in? Me? But my leg..."

I'm sure that whole experience was a whirlwind for JP and he realized how fast-paced NFL action is. The fact that he looked terrible on national TV must have knocked a little cockiness out of him and given him some extra drive. Props to Mularkey for sending him in, when he probably knew ahead of time what was going to happen.